The "Do you have UC2?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BMSMCMAM
    The single-player is downright terrible. The entire main campaign forces you to play as a crappy new character called Anubis, tries to have a more progressive story line than the other games but ends up basically telling you the whole thing in the first 5 minutes (not that it's any interesting, anyway), and takes less than 2 hours to complete if it's not your first time through. To make up for having to play as Anubis in the campaign, they made individual side-tournaments for each character. But these are still very short and offer nothing that can't be done in Instant Action. Bots in instant action are dumb; they usually don't switch from ranged to melee and melee to ranged when they should, rarely use pistol alt-fires, combos or complex melee attacks (they like to run straight at you just flailing their weapon), and raising the difficulty doesn't make them much smarter.

Unless you have XBox Live, UC2 will last you only about 6-7 hours before you realize it's no fun and that the combat is actually slower and less tactical than UT99's.
    You sure you weren't playing some other sorry *** game?
    I bought UC2, and it ****ing owns. THe bots on harder dificulties are a complete pain in the *** to beat, and have no problem switching to swords to reflect my **** back into my face.

The challanges are hella hard, end up making you want to rip your **** hair, it gets so frustrating.

I was completely useless with an X-Box controller.. After about a week of having UC2, I think I've just about got it mastered.. UC2 is my fav X-Box game..
    I got broadband because I loved UT99.. I'm gonna get XBL for UC2, and prob Halo2.. That game is also hella fun.

I don't see how anyone can say it's slower then Halo.. It's way faster. Anyone who likes the all the jumping, and wall dodging would love the game.. You can wall dodge as many times as you have a wall to dodge off of.

It can pretty much be a FPS game, or a third person shooter game.
    Once you get the controller down, it's nothing but fun.. When I get XBL, I'll be having alot more fun.

Comment

Unfortunately, I do not own an Xbox (just a PS2 and Gamecube). If I do end up owning one (which I hope I do), I'll definitely pick up Unreal Championship 2.

Comment

I played the demo and really loved it...I think some people were kinda expecting it to be like a port of ut2004...but the games are vastly different from each other in a good way...

Comment

Bought an XBOX a few weeks ago just for UC2.
          Now, I need to get UC2 sometime this week, and then live sometime after that.

Comment

I was thinking of getting an xbox with uc2 as well

Is it worth shelling out about £110 for them..
            If uc2 is not good i`ll wait for ut200*

Comment

Originally posted by T@F
              I was thinking of getting an xbox with uc2 as well

Is it worth shelling out about £110 for them..
              If uc2 is not good i`ll wait for ut200*
              Well, i bought some incredible racing games waitng for UC2 to come out.
              I haven't bought UC2 yet, but I'm sure its the biz.

I can honestly say, if you like to play games, you can't go wrong with an XBOX. ( i didn't think that 2 months ago, with my PC only ego)

[edit]
              although i keep coming back to UT2k4.
              Nothing beats the adrenaline rush of this game!

Comment

Working...
              X