Quake 3 DM-6 map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quake 3 DM-6 map

i just watched a own-age.com movie "2furious" i noticed it had a map from quake 3 was called DM-6 does this map come with the game or do i have to download it ? Where can i find it.

ag3nt

Its called DM-Campgrounds2004-G1e

dl it here http://www.google.dk/search?hl=da&q=...pgrounds&meta=

Comment

DM-Campgrounds2005-SC1 by Slainchild is a new Version

Comment

but DM-Campgrounds2004-G1E is the one thats played

Comment

Yeah, but the SC1 version is better IMHO. It makes use of Unreal physics by allowing to dodge up ramps and the like.
          It also looks better IMO and you don't get stuck all the time.

Try it with MultiDodging, that even multiplies the map's ownage factor.

Comment

In all honesty the Campgrounds2004-G1E is buggy as hell, so I have no idea why it is the preferred version

I guess cause it was the first real answer when bringing CG to UT2004, people have just always played that version.

Comment

Originally posted by csm
              In all honesty the Campgrounds2004-G1E is buggy as hell, so I have no idea why it is the preferred version
              It's buggy?
              The only complaint I have about the G1E and the original Campgrounds in UT2kX is the horrible use of colour and fog (the map's absolutely unplayable without brightskins and still annoying with forced skins) and the fact that it seems barely adjusted to the map style of UT2k4. (the whole map is generally just flat planes with jumppads between them. The distance between the planes ensures that there is no REAL z-axis fighting)

Comment

Originally posted by eviL<3
                DM-Campgrounds2005-SC1 by Slainchild is a new Version
                Better than the orig 2k4 version IMO.

Comment

Yes, I agree that 2005 is better in terms of graphics and playability for the most part. But people just don't want a 30 mb map sitting on their hard drives when a 2 mb map will suffice. (actually the numbers are just estimates- but not exaggerations- I couldn't remember the exact numbers )

Comment

TheCampgrounds > Campgrounds-g1e > Campgrounds2005-SC1

imo

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                      It's buggy?
                      The only complaint I have about the G1E and the original Campgrounds in UT2kX is the horrible use of colour and fog (the map's absolutely unplayable without brightskins and still annoying with forced skins) and the fact that it seems barely adjusted to the map style of UT2k4. (the whole map is generally just flat planes with jumppads between them. The distance between the planes ensures that there is no REAL z-axis fighting)
                      jumppad bug?

Comment

Campgrounds2005-SC1 is my favorite, as it alleviates the lower flak-spam greatly, the jumppad bug is much less prominent, is the most artistic of the three, and is scaled very well to UT2004 [imo.]

Comment

Originally posted by csm
                          jumppad bug?
                          That happens on all jumppads in any map, when you are launched pretty much straight up against a wall.

It's an engine bug, and I think it happens (randomly) when a subtracted brush meets the edge of an added brush.

Check out my campgrounds, redkin, or any other map with a similar jumppad and you will notice it.

edit: btw Campgrounds-SC1 it teh bestest!

Comment

Originally posted by Slainchild
                            edit: btw Campgrounds-SC1 it teh bestest!
                            Yeah, sure

Why not make a Poll? "witch Campgrounds version is the best?"

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                              The distance between the planes ensures that there is no REAL z-axis fighting)
                              Agreed, its always a pain playing CG in officials wars, i honestly despise it because it just lacks quality, plus the doorways are waaay too thin, nothing you can do to avoid spam and you always get stuck on the sides =/

Comment

Working...
                              X