[OT] CD/DVD drive help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OT] CD/DVD drive help

I was loading 3DMark05, and i got an error, i didnt think much and closed the window without really reading the error, and now my CD drive dosent work, windows can find it, but it wont recognise that a cd is in the drive. I tryed, restarting, and system restore with no change. Can anybody hel???!?!?!?
    :cry: :cry:

System restore?

[edit] Wait, you tried that. Nevermind, I'm dumb.

Comment

the same thing happened to me. shortly afterwards my cd drive was completely dead. Im not saying yours WILL die, but have a new one picked out and ready to order just in case. Physical hardware problems usually get worse, not better.

Comment

how about reset bios?

Comment

Originally posted by Vive_le_Quebec
          how about reset bios?
          Short the CMOS jumper (usually on the lower right side of the mobo, for reference the PCI slots are on the left) or remove the battery.

Comment

Re: [OT] CD/DVD drive help

Originally posted by Phear
            I was loading 3DMark05, and i got an error, i didnt think much and closed the window without really reading the error, and now my CD drive dosent work, windows can find it, but it wont recognise that a cd is in the drive. I tryed, restarting, and system restore with no change. Can anybody hel???!?!?!?
            :cry: :cry:
            The fact that a system restore didn't bring it back almost certainly makes it a problem with the actual CD drive hardware. I would try the CMOS reset as a last resort, but if that doesn't work you are probably looking at a dead drive.

Comment

Screw it, my Alienware just arrived, ill fix it later:alien: :alien: :alien:

Comment

Check/Change your ide cable before you do anything else

Comment

Working...
                X