Best way to debug hitching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to debug hitching...

So I get this occurrence a couple time every couple hours. I get a period where the disply and action starts hitching and skipping. Lasts maybe 5 sec and then all is well.

I've tried defrag, chkdsk, spybot/adaware, latest drivers, and everything else short of reinstalling (which I will not do due to this).

My question isn't so much about what my problem is (which there are countless threads asking the same thing) but rather what is the best way to debug it...

I can leave the Task Manager running but I've not found that much help since my CPU is already going at 100% and also even if I did see a spike, I wouldn't be able to scroll back to see what it was.

So does anyone have any good ideas on how to debug such performance problems? Thanks...

the same thing happened to me once. i think its something in your "audio" settings ingame. like if you have a good quality sound card, and not one that is integrated into your mobo, then you want to uncheck "System Driver"

Comment

Originally posted by {MM}Juggalo_kyl
      the same thing happened to me once. i think its something in your "audio" settings ingame. like if you have a good quality sound card, and not one that is integrated into your mobo, then you want to uncheck "System Driver"
      Are you serious?

Coud dthis be the source of all of my crashes?!

Comment

Originally posted by {MM}Juggalo_kyl
        omg are you sure? When I unchecked that I got big time echoing. At least echoing I'm unused to (in Rankin). I had H/W 3D Audio selected (no EAX). I wasn't crazy about that but maybe that how it's supposed to sound... Alot harder for me to hear where the other guy was...

Comment

Working...
        X