This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In-game names...

Ok for all you guys who commented on my name in...

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...43#post6445743

Sorry I never got a chance to respond before it was locked. This is indeed my ingame name and in NO WAY is it anti-semetic. The name is actually translated to "The Leader", now because Hitler called himself that, that doesn't not mean I am being antisemetic. If I call myself "The Rocket" does that mean I am claiming to be Maurice Richard, or even hinting at it? That just my two sense, let's hear some opinions.

Some admins are like that - They don't want anything like that on there servers. Consider a change of name. I don't mind but most other people do.

Comment

That's idiotic.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
        That's idiotic.
        Please explain why? Statements are useless without something supporting them...

Comment

If "Der Fuhrer" doesn't evoke the memory of Hitler in anybody with even the slightest grasp of history, the picture of Cartmann dressed as Hitler, and the reference to 40,000,000 lives sure will.

Though I'm sure it's all an unfortunate coincidence, and not just a bid for attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Logy
            If "Der Fuhrer" doesn't evoke the memory of Hitler in anybody with even the slightest grasp of history, the picture of Cartmann dressed as Hitler, and the reference to 40,000,000 lives sure will.

Though I'm sure it's all an unfortunate coincidence, and not just a bid for attention.
            LOL, that signature is simply a joke (based on recent accusations at my name)... if it offends you, don't look at it. In North America we have something called freedom of expression, no one has ANY right to discriminate me, based on my expression...

Comment

we care

Comment

Originally posted by Cobonweb
                we care
                Don't understand what you mean? :S

Comment

Some servers dont whant have names with The And My, because its for professional clans its sounds stupid but i heard this from some admins to but when you have [The]Furher or somthing mostly they dont ban but i think its just your name feller cuz some ppl see this ad rasicm

Comment

Originally posted by Cobonweb
                    we care
                    Speak for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizz
                      Some servers dont whant have names with The And My, because its for professional clans its sounds stupid but i heard this from some admins to but when you have [The]Furher or somthing mostly they dont ban but i think its just your name feller cuz some ppl see this ad rasicm
                      It could be true, although I have never had any problems about the name until on these forums. It is quite unfortunate... bearing a name Hitler used is hardly offensive... I can think of some other things that may be, but my name is hardly...

Comment

Originally posted by Der_Führer
                        Please explain why? Statements are useless without something supporting them...
                        The word "Führer" is generally associated with Adolf Hitler outside of the German language. If you can't understand that, it's your problem I suppose.

In North America we have something called freedom of expression, no one has ANY right to discriminate me, based on my expression...
                        You're simply wrong. Server admins can ban whoever they want from their servers (which, more often than not, they pay for, or get paid for). If you disagree, I suggest you sue them.

Comment

LOL, that signature is simply a joke (based on recent accusations at my name)... if it offends you, don't look at it. In North America we have something called freedom of expression, no one has ANY right to discriminate me, based on my expression...
                          Umm, that's patently untrue. They have every right they want to discriminate against you based on expression, to the poin where what they do starts infringing upon your rights. You do not have a right to play on another person's PRIVATELY owned and operated server, so if they want to kick you for your name, for being a bad person, or maybe cuz they've got PMS, it's their perogative. Don't bring up freedom of expression when you blatantly don't know what it is/where it applies.</rant>

Continuing: The admin(s) that banned you are clearly tards, although I would suggest maybe simply being The_Leader in english.

I have to be honest, I would probably ask you to change your name, though maybe not. here's why:

If you are legitimately using the name for its literal meaning "The Leader", then there is simply no reason to use the German translation, and you could use it in English. Using the German translation brings up clear negative connotations, and if you are unaware of these, I'd have to say you're somewhat blind. If you really don't want to change your name, then clearly there's something about the name other than its literal translation that you're looking for, and then we start getting into the anti-semitic connotations of it.

My advice: Change your name to The_Leader if you want the translation, otherwise be prepared that your name is quite likely to be regarded as hateful by a great many people.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 of 42
                            Umm, that's patently untrue. They have every right they want to discriminate against you based on expression, to the poin where what they do starts infringing upon your rights. You do not have a right to play on another person's PRIVATELY owned and operated server, so if they want to kick you for your name, for being a bad person, or maybe cuz they've got PMS, it's their perogative. Don't bring up freedom of expression when you blatantly don't know what it is/where it applies.</rant>

Continuing: The admin(s) that banned you are clearly tards, although I would suggest maybe simply being The_Leader in english.

I have to be honest, I would probably ask you to change your name, though maybe not. here's why:

If you are legitimately using the name for its literal meaning "The Leader", then there is simply no reason to use the German translation, and you could use it in English. Using the German translation brings up clear negative connotations, and if you are unaware of these, I'd have to say you're somewhat blind. If you really don't want to change your name, then clearly there's something about the name other than its literal translation that you're looking for, and then we start getting into the anti-semitic connotations of it.

My advice: Change your name to The_Leader if you want the translation, otherwise be prepared that your name is quite likely to be regarded as hateful by a great many people.
                            Well I am going to be honest I am english, and Canadian at that. As for you post I am not sure you understand the Canadian Charter of Rights, are you Canadian? If so please look over them, if not I understand your misconseption. As for the name, what if I were German... does it make sense that I am forced to change my name to english? Anyway the name was originally a joke, because I had not been able to come up with one. What if it does refer to Hitler? Theoretically it is just a name, and I am in no way anti-semetic. Also let's not forget Hitler was one of the worlds most dominant leaders... what if my name was...

Queen Elizibeth
                            J. Stalin
                            Nepoleon
                            Kenghis Khan

As you can see those people were equally destructive in their times... but I can assure there would be less offense taken. It sounds more like people need something to complain about...

And honestly anti-semetic? Hitler did not only kill Jewish innocents... he also killed Serbians, Poles, mentally challenged, physically challenged, homosexual, russian, etc, etc.

Anywa, just more of my two sense :P

Comment

In North America we have something called freedom of expression, no one has ANY right to discriminate me, based on my expression...
                              LOL! Dumbest thing I've heard ever. Welcome to the internet world and gaming. The Bill of Rights, the Charter of Rights, and any similar document is useless in a game and if people want to ban you because you speak funny in the in-game voice chat, or you have an ugly model, or you have a stupid name is their RIGHT to do so, its theirs. You have no rights in-game when in someone else's server, get used to it.

Either way its their choice to ban you as much as its urs to use the name

Comment

Working...
                              X