Starting a Clan........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting a Clan........

What is involved in starting a clan? Im quite new, this my first yr of playing UT and love it....can someone please tell me how I would go about getting a clan started and what to do when I have guys wanting to join....are there maps that you practice on, what about keeping in touch, practices and all...please help...thanks G4

www.ventrilo.com or www.teamspeak.org will help.

Also a good clan site helps too. (wth forums)

Comment

To be honest, you're gonna be much better off joining a clan for a while before you think about starting your own.

Comment

Are there actually decent clans to join anymore? Then again I am still at noob class so this is all a mute point.

Comment

Thanks ShadowWrâth

And if I have trouble starting one, where is a list of clans I can maybe join.....Im new, and only have a 43% eff.........Anybodys help is welcome, and thanks guys G4

Comment

Don't try to join a clan!

Just play the game. As you play, you'll find that you end up playing on the same servers over and over. You'll find people there you like with similar skills. Over time (2+ months), try to determine if they fit your level of maturity, skills, and personality. If they do, start talking to them about creating one.

To go looking for a clan is like going out looking for friends. You might find some willing to let you tag along, but you'll be more involved if you just let the natural process happen by itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Total_Hate
              Are there actually decent clans to join anymore? Then again I am still at noob class so this is all a mute point.
              sorry, I had to laugh

Also called a "moot point": a side issue, problem or question which does not have to be decided to resolve the main issues in a dispute.

yeah, join a clan m8 - see how it fits together. And later, if you still want to, start your own. It can be tough but if you like a challenge then go for it

Comment

where you live?
                IRC is a useful tool for chatting to clanmates and arranging wars with other clans. if you're from europe check clanbase.

Comment

Yep. IRC, definitly.
                  It helps to hang around a clan for a while before joining, to see if you can get along with the members.

Comment

Give Clanbase a spin imo...
                    www.clanbase.com

Comment

Use a name with proper lettering and little amounts of acsii otherwise you look like a 12 year old.

Comment

Ok, so I'm an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                        X