Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think you need to be physically fit to play UT2K4 well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
    :heart:
    :haha: :heart:

Originally posted by EFA11
    It dont have any l337 skillz so it cant affect me either.
    lol, neither do I. At least not at UT...I do have some pretty 1337 whiskey drinking ability, though. And my skillz will definitely depend upon how well the bottle and I have become acquainted on any given night. :noob:

Comment

I think being physically fit is nice regardless, whether it makes you better at gaming or not.

Comment

I don't think it's physical fitness. It's mental fitness. Your mind needs to be as reactive/reflexive as possible to achieve maximum gameplay. I know I play a lot better when my ADD meds are kickin.

Comment

Originally posted by IGotARailgun
          I know I play a lot better when my ADD meds are kickin.
          LOL! :haha: :up: We oughta team up. Between your meds and my alcohol dependency, we should be an unstoppable duo!

Comment

Originally posted by blh
            Those seem like they might be good references if you want to argue that exercise is certainly 1 way to improve coordination.

Did any of them insinuate or imply that you couldn't improve coordination by any other method?
            Good point. Getting better at online shooters actually improved my hand-eye coordinatin in real spots, such as basketball and table tennis, as well as improving my peripheral vision in all sorts of things, including driving.

Comment

It depends on what kind of sport I imagine. For example: someone who uses hand eye coordination a lot "shooting" will be better than someone playing basketball or football. In the long run, however, the only thing that will make you better is practice. Athletics have very very little to do with video gaming. The most you do is move a mouse and press some keys. 90% of what goes on is in your brain.

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
                I think being physically fit is nice regardless, whether it makes you better at gaming or not.

Comment

After I posted in this thread I strating running for everydays.I can frag people more than when I'm not exercising.

That's what happned to me

Comment

I quit smoking 5 and half minutes ago and my lungs feel better already.

And I think my sense of taste is coming back.

It’s all in your head.

Comment

Perhaps yes perhaps no what I really know is exercise improved my skill

I'll continue to do it everydays

Comment

Re: No

Originally posted by SpinE
                        No being physicaly fit is unnecsesery. being mentaly fit imo is more important, because it wouldnt be the first time i lost a 1 on 1 because i lost my focus at the end of the match.:cry:

though usually i can stay awake for 10 mins
                        Heh. I remember in UT2k3 my chances of winning 1on1s were pretty much inversely proportional to the length of the match.
                        In any 20 minute match, I'd be ahead at the end of the first 10 minutes, and then my opponent would strike back badly and I'd lose anyway.
                        Nowadays I'm used to 15 minute matches.

I don't think this has much to do with mental fitness tho'. It's just what you're used to.

Comment

Not making dumb threads makes you better.-

Comment

Re: Do you think you need to be physically fit to play UT2K4 well?

Originally posted by mazza558
                            Just a thought. If you do really well in sport or running, do you think it makes any difference in your UT2K4 skills?
                            Yes,when i'm tired i can not play as well as when i'm awake and alert.

Comment

Working...
                            X