Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think you need to be physically fit to play UT2K4 well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think you need to be physically fit to play UT2K4 well?

Just a thought. If you do really well in sport or running, do you think it makes any difference in your UT2K4 skills?

Re: Do you think you need to be physically fit to play UT2K4 well?

Originally posted by mazza558
    Just a thought. If you do really well in sport or running, do you think it makes any difference in your UT2K4 skills?
    Not within the bounds of statistical importance.

Comment

Hand eye coordination and development of skills in this game I would not say is directly related to being physically fit. I voted no. I am not saying it would not help but I am saying it is not what is needed to play the game well.

Then again what the hell do I know? :sour:

Comment

Dunno

Comment

No.
          In all honesty, my body is a wreck. I drink a lot and never do sports, have a lung capacity worse than the average chain-smoker that had a lung removed (this isn't true, but a little exaggeration never hurts to make a point ), yet I do pretty well at pretty much all video games. (better than all of my, on average much more healthy, friends)

Comment

hehe i would say no as well i have a few heavy set freinds that own my **** that i know in person, so i dont think that matters , anyhow not to tease\put anyone down , but CombatCarl tad overweight and i dont think it has set him back in anyway shape or form he is a very good player at did good at wcg's <3 cc
            P.s i dont know cc in person

Comment

To be good at video games, you need fast reflexes and good hand-eye coordination.

Where have you ever seen anything which says (implies, insinuates) that you can only have good hand-eye coordination and fast reflexes if you're physically fit?

Comment

It may help more oxygen reach your brain if you're fit. Other than that, I don't think it matters.

<--unfit

Comment

Yes I think its does help

Cant explain in theory but it does help.

Comment

I would say that your hand and eye coordination would increase if you're physically active. If I don't exercise a day I feel sluggish and it usually shows in my game. I do think however that this isn't the rule for everyone, I just know that I play much better if I've had a physically active day.

Today its rainng and didn't get out to exercise, so expect me to suck tonight.

Comment

At the level most of us are at no... but I do think it's a good thing to be as fit as possible if you want to perform well on a "professional" level... being fit helps your concentration and things like that which you need in big tournaments... being fit doesnt mean you have to look like a bodybuilder though

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
                        I would say that your hand and eye coordination would increase if you're physically active. If I don't exercise a day I feel sluggish and it usually shows in my game. I do think however that this isn't the rule for everyone, I just know that I play much better if I've had a physically active day.
                        That may be caused by your body being used to excercising though. If I break my daily rhythm, or my daily rhythm has returned to "holiday-mode" (read: sleep from 2:00 to 13:00) I play like **** as well.

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
                          I'm sorry, but what in God's name were you thinking when you typed that one out? Expect you to suck tonight?

Oh my...

Comment

I don't think that physical fitness has anything to do with it, but I do think that a healthy cardiovascular fitness level is required. I've played many hectic as can be matches before where my heartbeat jumped way up in speed, and if I was some 400lb. McDonald's-eating slob with arteries and capillaries coated with burger grease I am sure that it could have triggered a heart attack.

Comment

i probably would be in good shape if i dident spend 4 hours a day chain-smoking and playing UT

Comment

Working...
                              X