This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abusive Admins...

Ok I bought this game only 9 days ago, and have been banned almost 9 times for being better then the rest in the servers. I had played UT2003 before and saw similar actions, is it just me or are admins out of control?

I had been banned from S^3's server for playing defense, and killing the opposing runner when I had my flag.

http://s3community.aowc.net/

That is their site. Another clan SFU has been banning me out of control for no reason. I join the server, play for about five minutes, then I am banned. Typically I don't even see a member in the server, but I get banned.

http://sixfeetunderclan.com/

I know, I know, "don't play there, blah blah...", but as sad as it is to say, there are only a few servers that actually get alot of players. Those are the servers I want to play on, and I don't want to be banned for playing well.

What do you think?

Yeah, it happens.

Actually, there have already been two threads about this kind of thing this week. This one will probably meet the same fate as the others and get locked before it reaches the second page.

Comment

Yeah with a name like yours I can't see why they would ban you.

Comment

Couple things. First, this is gonna get locked soon. Nothing against you, its just that these types of threads don't last long.

Second, I agree with what you and others say, but it all comes down to the fact that they are paying for these servers, and they can run them how they please. Yes, it sucks to only have a few populated servers come up and not be able to play on them because of stupid admins, but most people are forgetting something here. If nobody is willing to play on their servers because they are such horrible admins, then all they are doing is wasting their money on the servers. Sooner or later they are going to realize that they are wasting their money and will either get rid of the server, or stop being jerks and let people have fun.

Comment

admins, like skittles, come in many different flavors...find one you like.

Comment

But I don't like Skittles!

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
              admins, like skittles, come in many different flavors...find one you like.
              I just gnawed off my arm and ate three of my other admins and none of it tasted much like Skittles...

Seriously, it is sad that the servers running the gametypes and offering the pings that you like are run by individuals who are power mongers. Sometimes you just have to compromise a little to get to a server that will give you the best overall experience and that actually WANTS players like you. They are definitely out there!

Comment

If you use some deviation of 'Führer' as your in-game name, that might be interpreted as anti-semetic, which is generally considered a bannable offense by most respectable admins.

Comment

I ban all players who call themselves Der_Führer. No warnings or explanations needed.

Comment

I would think that's a bit harsh. The name means nothing, maybe it's a immature joke i don't know.

What matters is the attitude. I think bans soley on names is pretty petty. And the most it only deserves that the player be asked to change his name, then be kicked.

For instance... one rule on a server is: you can't use names like ": )" becuase it's not "intellectually sound enough". That's just silly, it in no way affects anyone else on the server. It's just plain stupid.

Nevertheless, "there server there rules"

Comment

Originally posted by 3leggedFreak
                      I ban all players who call themselves Der_Führer. No warnings or explanations needed.
                      Ironically, you probably get called a Nazi about it.

Comment

At least give him a chance to reply about the name. If he is using that as his in-game name, mystery solved.

Comment

Working...
                        X