A few questions about tweaking and FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few questions about tweaking and FPS

1.) Is ~55 FPS a good level for my card (32 Bots) (Amd 64 3400+) (9600 256MB, none Pro) on Torlan on these settings?:

EDIT: The capture didn't work very well...
    2.) What is a safe overclocking range for my card? I've currently OC'ed it from 325 core/200 memory to 350 core/ 215 memory. How much more can I go without any glitches?

3.) Is a 9600 Pro the same as a normal 9600 but with higher clock speeds?

4.) Can I OC to a 9600 Pro without any problems?

Anyone?

Comment

Yes that should be ok

Since its an ONS map with 32 bots

Comment

The FPS look about right to me.

As for Overclocking:
        -If you are OC'ed now and running fine, I'd leave it. If you want to push it further. Download the Omega drivers (easiest to OC IMHO), and push up both the mem and clock a little at a time.
        If you clock it too high, you will start to see snowy white 'static' in the dark parts of your screen when you push your Graphics card (in-game for example). If you see this, back off on the mem and clock speeds until they are gone.

All this applies to the pro as well.

Comment

Turn world detail down to low, it will rid your screen of unnessary eye candy (like leaves that will block your view) and you will most likely gain 10 fps. Take a look at my system and I don't run nearly as high as setting as you (I can, I don't because I only run what I need).

Comment

its easy, change all settings to ├╝ber low, except fog distance if you play ons.

and do a lower resolution, like 800x600 or 1024x768 depending on what you like.

should give you more fps, + your running with 32 bots, thats really heavy for your system.

Comment

How come there are no options after 'detail textures'? o_O

Comment

i think its the demo?

Comment

??? That doesn't makes sence, I have 2 times as much options.
                  BTW, lower your dynamic mesh LOD for better performance, you don't really notice a difference with it set to normal.

BTW, do you have your latest drivers and patches?

Comment

Originally posted by Zynith
                    ??? That doesn't makes sence, I have 2 times as much options.
                    BTW, lower your dynamic mesh LOD for better performance, you don't really notice a difference with it set to normal.

BTW, do you have your latest drivers and patches?
                    As I said in my first post, It didn't capture the screen properly. I'm running Omega 2.6.xx.xx. I've found out that I get slight glitches when running the core speed higher than 355 Mhz.

Comment

OK, small update. I manage to get no glitches when running the core at 365 and the memory at 210. My GPU seems to be stable now!

Comment

You might want to play on an onslaught server to get a more accurate fps because bots actually slow down your system by a lot.

Comment

wow, I set dynamic detail and world to low and I get a massive 20 fps boost average in ONS!! :up:

It was like 45fps to 67fps on Torlan.

Comment

Not too shabby man...my advice (atleast the settings that matter the most to me when it comes to competition) its to lower all of your settings, except character detail and dynamic mesh LOD. Basically this makes it easier to distinguish people at a a farther distance. I know I dont have the 20/16 eyesight I used to and it gets worse every year but having a way to distinguish people better significantly helps, and it does make a difference by keeping your FPS up and yet only sacrificing a few to gain some advantage with details for what they are worth. And make sure to lower fog distance as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X