This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ut 2004 Invalid CD Key

Hi everyone, I am having trouble with my CD key where I can't play online with it for some reason. Does anyone know how I can change it?

first of all, u get the game new or used???

second...try typing it in again. look for the cd-key file. (dont remember where it is)

third, if all else fails, ask sum1 who knows. not me.

Comment

haauahauaahau

Comment

Yep I did buy it secondhand and the key works until I go online. I then get a message saying the key is no good. I am pretty sure I typed it in correct but would like to type it in again just to be sure. That is the problem...can I do that or do I have to re-install?

Comment

Try the app...

Comment

Originally posted by chroni27
            Yep I did buy it secondhand and the key works until I go online.
            Hahahahahaha........

Just a hint for future reference: don't buy used multiplayer games.

Comment

Originally posted by chroni27
              Yep I did buy it secondhand and the key works until I go online. I then get a message saying the key is no good. I am pretty sure I typed it in correct but would like to type it in again just to be sure. That is the problem...can I do that or do I have to re-install?
              alright: heres the problem:

the dumbass who owned it first used the key to install it, then installed patch 3355, disabling the need for disc use. Then he sold off the game. Your screwed. Buy a new copy or find a cd key changer.

Comment

if there some letters like 8 or B. so the "B" can be the 8 and the "8"the B i had this to

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizz
                  if there some letters like 8 or B. so the "B" can be the 8 and the "8"the B i had this to
                  He probably wouldn't have been able to install the game yet.
                  Originally posted by FlakDino454
                  alright: heres the problem:

the dumbass who owned it first used the key to install it, then installed patch 3355, disabling the need for disc use. Then he sold off the game. Your screwed. Buy a new copy or find a cd key changer.
                  You're an idiot. If that was the case chroni27 would probably be able to play whenever the guy who ripped him off isn't on. Much more likely whoever sold him the game got a master server ban.

Comment

Originally posted by neoflame
                    He probably wouldn't have been able to install the game yet.

You're an idiot. If that was the case chroni27 would probably be able to play whenever the guy who ripped him off isn't on. Much more likely whoever sold him the game got a master server ban.
                    not neccesarily. my bud from school had the same prob and he could NEVER play online...he even tried at 12:00PM, 1:30PM, etc.

He contacted atari and they said get a NEW copy because this is possible.

Comment

Email me your info to abuse@epicgames.com.

Comment

Working...
                      X