Total- 1,253

CTF- 504

DM- 341

TDM- 111

AS- 25

Rocket Arena 13

Comment

Originally posted by Discord
      There's been a bunch of ONS league play already, with some crossover TDM teams getting involved. I know this because I got beat over the head once by some ProU guy for "not giving the props" or something like that. :haha: :weird:

I'm not really a fan of ONS... sometimes I'll play it to relax, because of the "bTwitchMode=True" situation you mentioned with CTF. I don't hate ONS by any stretch, but I do have a beef with it that I think has been heard (or more appropriately buried under miles of flaming) before:

It's too linear.

In most cases, it all boils down to getting your network erected quicker than the other team and cutting them off at a choke point (or maybe two). You don't have a lot in the way of strategic options available... it's obvious what has to be done, and you can't do it later: you've got to do it NOW NOW NOW.

I can see the fun in that, it's kind of exciting to race to get a vehicle and then race to the node to stop those guys before they break out... but generally I personally like to have more lattitude of action. In CTF as an example, I can pick and choose my opportunities for offensive action, and I can even determine what style of offense I want to try to generate. There's a little more finesse and pacing involved there IMO.

Note that this is why ONS-Dawn (default link setup) is my favorite ONS map. It's reasonably unpredictable.

DISCLAIMER: This isn't a "bash" at ONS. ONS is obviously a good thing for the game at large. Doesn't mean it's beyond criticism, though. And it's not a vehicle thing, either... I love me some VCTF.
      I have to give you props for the post.

Comment

Working...
      X