Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by 3leggedFreak

Sadly the ladies where more interested of my athletic skills than my UT skills..
    it's ok, when you grow up you'll notice that those women are garbage and real love cant be found in garbage. women who loves you for your sport or car = garbage

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ah the satisfaction of humiliating someone with a grenade or shield gun

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by blh
    ... serious barefoot, unshaven, red flannel longjohns over raggedy overalls wearing, double barrel shotgun full of carpet tacks and rock salt toting, moonshine still guarding, I'm-My-Own-Grandpa singing, Robert Heinlein cloned, natural born backwoods astrogators there. Those guys are like ninjas.

Originally posted by blh
    Again it's a question of relative degree. You can wonder if lions might have an odd thought once in a while, but it's totally obvious they're not thinking at anywhere near the level of sophistication that humans are.

How do I know that? Because their abilities to adapt and innovate are so demonstrably feeble compared to ours. No lion or chimp or any other animal has the ability to adapt on its own from its natural enviornment to any number of arbitrarily different enviornments the way humans can. This is the only test that matters. This is what is unique about human beings.
    This is not a valid test and can't be used as cientific proof. First of all it's not universal, if so there would be micro organisms more sophisticated than humans. It's allso very etnocetric and don't have an objective wiev on different ways to react on a mind process. Humans as a specie have outstanding capabilitys to adept to new situations, but u can't draw conclutions from that on an individual level. If u look at all humans as a big herd, we are just as predictable as all other animals. U sound like u have taken your sociology classes so u might hammer me in the head with Durkheim and other old goofs now.

Personally I play UT for the thrill I once felt when I was an active athlete. An injury put an end to it, but after a while I found that I could get the same kick out of beating a skilled player in UT as I got from humiliating an opponent on the track. Sadly the ladies where more interested of my athletic skills than my UT skills..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh no, he didn't get my hilarious joke.

Guess I'm some kind of slick hick now. Pardon me while I bone a farm animal.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by blh
    You're supposed to use a smiley when you joke. I don't use them because I'm never joking, ever. This is the first time I've ever even had to use italics.
    I did use a smilie - take note of the winking smilie at the end indicating that I was jesting. That was not very observant of you to miss that and then go on to complain about me not using it.

And congrats on your first use of italics. What a milestone for you.

As for the rest, meh. Whatever. I'm not nearly as bored now as I was when I replied to you in the first place. Perhaps I'll actually come back and read your whole post if I ever get that bored again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Crotale
    Yes.
    thats awesome!!!:up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Crotale does that mean you work for the military???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Have you ever thought about it?

Originally posted by FlakDino454
    The point of Unreal Tournament 2004: slaughter. massacre. unholy carnage.
    True dat.

Why?
    Because it's good "clean" fun. Nobody in RL gets hurt, unless you count getting a sore trigger finger from using your mouse too much.

How is this appealing to the human mind... and how come so many ppl who play this are real life pacifists?
    For a guy whose job is to ensure that a couple of dozen 1000 lb bombs strike a time critical target, I'd say that I'm not a pacifist. I also believe in capitol punishment. I do not, however, believe in random violence or unnecessary violence.

Why is slaughter considered fun?
    I can't answer that one, because I'm usually the one getting slaughtered.

IMO, it is fun... me likes seeing gibs
    Gibs are good, mmkay?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wow good question and I didn't even read all the answers yet, just had to respond

but I did read the first response and number three jumped right out at me

one second

3. Seeing representations of human beings being shredded, shot up and blown to bits again and again and again desensitizes us, thus ameliorating the fear of death
    fear of death! :up:

also the reason for religion.........

nice one Discord

but I would go with fun fun fun fun

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Psycho Dad
    I was just joking. Sorry you weren't able to understand that.
    You're supposed to use a smiley when you joke. I don't use them because I'm never joking, ever. This is the first time I've ever even had to use italics.

Every state in the US offers some form of game hunting, including Hawaii. You live a surprisingly sheltered life if you think hunting only takes place in "Deliveranceland".
    [/B]
    Now see here is a perfect example of how you're just not very observant. You probably shouldn't hunt because I think some of those crafty animals would sneak right up on you.

I said I meet these despicable deer murderers all the time, and they're real nice folks, mostly, even though they mostly prefer those tedious RPG type video games. Never could get through one of those. So I figured you must be dealing with some serious barefoot, unshaven, red flannel longjohns over raggedy overalls wearing, double barrel shotgun full of carpet tacks and rock salt toting, moonshine still guarding, I'm-My-Own-Grandpa singing, Robert Heinlein cloned, natural born backwoods astrogators there. Those guys are like ninjas.

You also have a very simple understanding of animals if you think that they are not self-aware. They have social structures, they play, they grieve for their dead, they dream, they learn and adapt, they have emotions, and some even use tools. The thought processes required to do these things are complex and not simply instinctive or reflexive.
    [/B]
    It's a question of relative degree. Sure you can get a chimp to use sign language or order a pizza if you have to. They might even experience some feeble shadow of the same cognitive difficulties I was talking about back there somewhere that humans go through. But compared to what goes on inside peoples' heads you might as well say they're just not in the running. There is no comparison.

How do you know animals do not have abstract thoughts and conceptions? How do you know a lion doesn't watch a Cheetah run and think to itself, "****, I wish I could run that fast!".
    [/B]
    Again it's a question of relative degree. You can wonder if lions might have an odd thought once in a while, but it's totally obvious they're not thinking at anywhere near the level of sophistication that humans are.

How do I know that? Because their abilities to adapt and innovate are so demonstrably feeble compared to ours. No lion or chimp or any other animal has the ability to adapt on its own from its natural enviornment to any number of arbitrarily different enviornments the way humans can. This is the only test that matters. This is what is unique about human beings.

Naw, ah steel gots da mule. :toothless grin:
    [/B]
    Well I hope he's never outwitted you.

And by the way I do not hunt, but in your case I would be willing to make an exception. Run prey. [/B]
    You don't scare me. I'm lethal with all kinds of imaginary weapons.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by blh
    It's not the same thing at all. Animals live that way purely by instinct and reflex. They most likely have little if any choice about it, little if any conception of anything beyond that experience.

Your buddies by contrast had to be indoctrinated into that way of life, or they had to choose it via some philosophical inner journey of their own, whatever it was. That is, they are perfectly capable of living in other ways, unlike animals, and only arrived at this particular mode via some, basically insane, process of reconciliation between their primitve and thinking minds.

They have access to all sorts of these abstract conceptions I speak of that no other animal has. However they characterize them, their experiences are not those of animals, and never can be.

That is to say, while they can ape the lifestyles of animals, they cannot, in my own words, do so "in blissful ignorance of the facts of their existence." Only animals can do that.

Sorry you weren't able to understand that the first time. I blame
    the school system.

Most of the deer murdering fiends I meet tend to be relatively civilized folks though. You must live in Deliveranceland. Hope you
    didn't have to sell the mule to buy that there computer.
    I was just joking. Sorry you weren't able to understand that.

Every state in the US offers some form of game hunting, including Hawaii. You live a surprisingly sheltered life if you think hunting only takes place in "Deliveranceland".

You also have a very simple understanding of animals if you think that they are not self-aware. They have social structures, they play, they grieve for their dead, they dream, they learn and adapt, they have emotions, and some even use tools. The thought processes required to do these things are complex and not simply instinctive or reflexive.

How do you know animals do not have abstract thoughts and conceptions? How do you know a lion doesn't watch a Cheetah run and think to itself, "****, I wish I could run that fast!".

Naw, ah steel gots da mule. :toothless grin:

And by the way I do not hunt, but in your case I would be willing to make an exception. Run prey.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't claim to be an expert on them. I only depend on these people for cheap firearms and survival bunker construction tips. I for one will be ready for y2k.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't you mean that THER computer?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Actually I know several people that pretty much live that way. They don't kill other people (as far as I know :weird: ) but they do hunt, poop in the woods, and tend to screw anyone anytime they get the chance. And they don't play video games. Coincidence? I think not.
    It's not the same thing at all. Animals live that way purely by instinct and reflex. They most likely have little if any choice about it, little if any conception of anything beyond that experience.

Your buddies by contrast had to be indoctrinated into that way of life, or they had to choose it via some philosophical inner journey of their own, whatever it was. That is, they are perfectly capable of living in other ways, unlike animals, and only arrived at this particular mode via some, basically insane, process of reconciliation between their primitve and thinking minds.

They have access to all sorts of these abstract conceptions I speak of that no other animal has. However they characterize them, their experiences are not those of animals, and never can be.

That is to say, while they can ape the lifestyles of animals, they cannot, in my own words, do so "in blissful ignorance of the facts of their existence." Only animals can do that.

Sorry you weren't able to understand that the first time. I blame
    the school system.

Most of the deer murdering fiends I meet tend to be relatively civilized folks though. You must live in Deliveranceland. Hope you
    didn't have to sell the mule to buy that there computer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X