[ENVY]Multiplatform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ENVY]Multiplatform?

Im wondering if Epic are going to make UT 'Envy' a multiplatform title, just like DE have done with Pariah. Im really beginning to hate the whole multiplatform game idea, the PC versions seriously reek of console and I think PC owners deserve better!

Pariah looks ok (Average, Xbox-ish graphics) and feels entirely like it was for console, and PC as an after thought. UT was one of the reasons I felt I'd made the right choice choosing a PC over a console, and every game in the series has made me even more glad I made that choice! I really dont want to see 'Envy' spoilt by this and the fact that Xbox keep getting exclusives on all the games because of Microsofts buying power. All the developers who give over to Xbox exclusives are really screwing over the devoted PC fans, at least in my opinion.

Curious to know what everyone else thinks really? And to know if anyone from epic can confirm 'Envy' will be multiplatform (On a next gen console) or strictly PC.

consols get uc
    UT=PC ONLY :up:

plz

Comment

I just played Pariah yesterday...it felt very consol-ish. I didnt really like it and also the fact that it was slow (i just cant xplain y i didnt like it, i jus didnt)...it was boring. However, i dont think Envy will feel consol-ish, consoles will be an afterthought not pc.

Comment

Im just dreading that Epic might follow in DE's footsteps, maybe because of Microsoft and their money. I dont want this to be the first game in the UT series I dont buy. Glad to see im not the only one who thought Pariah was slow and console-ish too!

Comment

AFAIK Epic is working on a multiplatform compiler, or I heard something about that anyways, so they can more easily do their own in-house ports to Mac OSX and others from pc

Comment

Pariah feels alot like Halo :down:

Comment

the game will be too powerfull for console

Comment

Not to turn this into a pariah thread, but I agree about what's been said

I still want it for it's single player though.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Deacon
                  Not to turn this into a pariah thread, but I agree about what's been said

I still want it for it's single player though.
                  I was really unimpressed with it. Ive seen a few games that are spoilt by the multiplatform idea (Brothers in Arms, Pariah, Splinter Cell 2), I think theres a revolution coming and good PC games are coming to an end! :S I agree, wanna see what SP is like on Pariah though!

Comment

Originally posted by Sailor_Saturn
                    AFAIK Epic is working on a multiplatform compiler, or I heard something about that anyways, so they can more easily do their own in-house ports to Mac OSX and others from pc
                    A multiplatform compiler sounds like a lot of work ; more likely they'd make their new tools (the editor,etc) cross-platform though

Comment

Originally posted by ^vs^Bazza
                      the game will be too powerfull for console
                      Well, you probably havent heard of the next xbox (xbox 360?). its going to be using ati r500 core which is better than x850xtpe, btw it wont be crappy tv quality, itll be hdtv!(part of the reason of the consol-ish feeling). It should be able to handle it quite well. Also ps3 with its Cell processor (6 cores?iirc).

Comment

Originally posted by ziadoz
                        I was really unimpressed with it. Ive seen a few games that are spoilt by the multiplatform idea (Brothers in Arms, Pariah, Splinter Cell 2), I think theres a revolution coming and good PC games are coming to an end! :S I agree, wanna see what SP is like on Pariah though!
                        DEFINATELY NOT any of the splinter cell series. Have you played them?...IMO they are THE BEST ports from xbox to pc or pc to xbox w/e. That totally does not feel consol-ish at all. I havent played brothers in arms so i cant say nething bout that. Pariah felt consol-ish as i said earlier, the guns are totally not hitscan designed for the controller.

Comment

UT = PC
                          UC = XBOX

Lets not mix the two... the gameplay for them both is just too different.

Comment

Re: [ENVY]Multiplatform?

Originally posted by ziadoz
                            Im wondering if Epic are going to make UT 'Envy' a multiplatform title, just like DE have done with Pariah. Im really beginning to hate the whole multiplatform game idea, the PC versions seriously reek of console and I think PC owners deserve better!

Pariah looks ok (Average, Xbox-ish graphics) and feels entirely like it was for console, and PC as an after thought. UT was one of the reasons I felt I'd made the right choice choosing a PC over a console, and every game in the series has made me even more glad I made that choice! I really dont want to see 'Envy' spoilt by this and the fact that Xbox keep getting exclusives on all the games because of Microsofts buying power. All the developers who give over to Xbox exclusives are really screwing over the devoted PC fans, at least in my opinion.

Curious to know what everyone else thinks really? And to know if anyone from epic can confirm 'Envy' will be multiplatform (On a next gen console) or strictly PC.
                            Envy won't be on Xbox, at least THIS generation Xbox. The next gen Xbox will have modified version of Macs G5 processor so it should handle any PC game easily in 2006. There were rumors than the next gen 'box will have multiple running processors on the motherboard.

Now, why do you think developers make games for consoles more than PCs? Why do you think PC gaming market is slowly dying? Because they don't sell as many games. They don't get as much money.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentZero
                              DEFINATELY NOT any of the splinter cell series. Have you played them?...IMO they are THE BEST ports from xbox to pc or pc to xbox w/e. That totally does not feel consol-ish at all. I havent played brothers in arms so i cant say nething bout that. Pariah felt consol-ish as i said earlier, the guns are totally not hitscan designed for the controller.
                              Splinter Cell and Splinter Cell 2 MP were excellent ports. SC2 SP I thought was awful and felt very port-ish though. Sorry I was clear there. You could also see the console-ness in the SC2 MP interface though.

Comment

Working...
                              X