Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

open gl not working

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    open gl not working

    i want to try it but i get this


    UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2003-04-07_17.42]

    OS: Windows 98 4.10 (Build: 67766446)
    CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1101 MHz with 511MB RAM
    Video: No Video

    Assertion failed: RenDev [File:WinViewport.cpp] [Line: 589]

    History: UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine


    also i have a 9600 pro (ownage )

    #2
    All I know about it is this-
    Open UT2003.ini and change these lines :

    RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
    ;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
    ;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice

    to this :

    ;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
    ;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
    RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice

    Back up the .ini first though or you'll get an error when you change back. Also ued doesn't work with it.

    If you've done this already then I can't help.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: open gl not working

      Originally posted by Jermaine_X
      i want to try it but i get this


      UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2003-04-07_17.42]

      OS: Windows 98 4.10 (Build: 67766446)
      CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1101 MHz with 511MB RAM
      Video: No Video

      Assertion failed: RenDev [File:WinViewport.cpp] [Line: 589]

      History: UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine


      also i have a 9600 pro (ownage )
      if you got a 9600 pro, you better play in d3d mode either way. also some server dont allow you to connect to them when in opengl mode (antitcc feature).

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Re: open gl not working

        Originally posted by GuntiNDDS
        ... also some server dont allow you to connect to them when in opengl mode (antitcc feature).
        :sour: :down:

        I had some problems switching from OpenGL and D3d but i reinstalled ut2k3 and now its just fine

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by poobeard
          All I know about it is this-
          Open UT2003.ini and change these lines :

          RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
          ;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
          ;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice

          to this :

          ;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
          ;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
          RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice

          Back up the .ini first though or you'll get an error when you change back. Also ued doesn't work with it.

          If you've done this already then I can't help.
          Isnt that text exactly the same?
          Edit: Oh,must have been the ";".
          Forget it. :down:
          "Idiot i am" Yoda voice.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Re: Re: open gl not working

            Originally posted by emanuel[SoG]
            :sour: :down:

            I had some problems switching from OpenGL and D3d but i reinstalled ut2k3 and now its just fine
            cool :up:

            Comment

            Working...
            X