[OT] Lunar Eclipse *was* Tonight!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OT] Lunar Eclipse *was* Tonight!!

If your interested in these "heavenly" events.. There should be a lunar eclipse tonight.

For those who dont know what a lunar eclipse is.. Well it's when the earth passes inbetween the sun and the moon, it leaving the earths shadow on the moon... But it also makes the moon look a bloody red, very very cool imo . Unfortunatley its cloudy where I live so I wont be able to see it. But if u live in America, Europe or Africa and u've got a nice clear sky u should be able to see it.

The full lunar eclipse should start at 8:06 p.m. EST. and ends at 8:31 PM EST and the partial eclipse ends at 10:45 PM. EST

thats about 1.06am - 1.31am GMT

If you get a good view and have a digi cam handy take some pics and post them please..

Watching through my telescope right now. Also don't forget that the Leonid Metoer Showers start in a couple weeks. They're predicting 100 meteors an hour if it's clear.

Comment

if its clear :<

just like it aint clear here now, so cant see jack schitt :<

Comment

its raining here

Comment

Well the total lunar eclipse should be over about now.... Wish it wasn't so cloudy tonight .

Comment

I saw it......... I always love these events....

Comment

Oops :cry:

Forgot

Comment

Yeah a fellow worker pointed it out as I was waiting for my ride home, it was neato yet, ****ing cold, -6 C.

Comment

It was pretty cool in my neck of the woods. Turned a faint reddish/orange.

Pretty fat.

Comment

I FRIGGEN MISSED IT! ALL BECAUSE I WENT TO SEE THE MATRIX!!!! :cry:

Comment

i missed it, far too cloudy

Comment

Saw it... copletetly clear sky here. Seen this lunar thing a couple of times... seems like it aint too rare!

Anyways... meteor rain whould be rather nifty! Last time it was completely cloudy here!

Try take a trip to the northers part of Norway in winter times! Holly shiznit! Had no idea norhern light could be that spectacular!

Comment

The moon turned brown. Whoah.

Comment

Working...
                          X