Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper mouse setup

Hi all,

I got a logitech mx510, and I've been having problems finding the right way to set it up so that it will benefit ut2004 the most. I installed the logitech drivers, then used the registry fix so that the logitech drivers will recognize the game (logitech mouseware doesnt recognize ut2004 by default)

What i'd like to know is, did you guys install the logitech drivers or used the windows driver with the mx510?

If you installed the logitech driver,did you use the registry fix to make it recognize the game? did you also install the mwadvanced.exe from logitech?

Did anyone install the CPL fix (the one for the windows x/y mouse curve?)

Does anyone use mouse smoothing or reduce mouse lag or mouse acceleration threshold? Should i use any of it on a mx510+ratpadz gs combo?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Proper mouse setup

I installed the newest MouseWare drivers (9.80 I think) and the mwadvanced_enu.exe, but I didn't put UT2004 into the registry.

I also did some kind of registry tweak to force windows to turn off acceleration, don't remember what it was though.
    [EDIT] (it was the CPL reg. fix)[/EDIT]
    If you want to change sensitivities like the MX-518, just use
    Code:
    <key>=set PlayerInput MouseSensitivity 1.1
    <key>=set PlayerInput MouseSensitivity 2.5
    The numbers are just what I have it set as, you can change them. Also, you would have to assign the 3 middle buttons to keys. I use LeftBracket, RightBracket, and Backslash because they're all together (above the Enter key) and all useless because they're too far away for regular use if you use WASD.

Comment

Install the latest MX510 drivers.
      Install the advanced mouseware utility and set to 'precision', disable accelleration.

Install the CPL accell reg fix.

Install USB mouserate switcher 1.1 and change your usb frequency of your mouse to 250hz.

Tweaked

Comment

Originally posted by csm
        Install the latest MX510 drivers.
        Install the advanced mouseware utility and set to 'precision', disable accelleration.

Install the CPL accell reg fix.

****. Makes me glad I use a Microsoft mouse. No drivers, fixes or .reg entries required.

I'm just ****** that I can no longer buy the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. Sweet mouse.... I hope it lasts a while longer.

Comment

chibijulian -

sounds like you are on the right track, as most of the people in this thread are.

once your logi is tweaked to your specs (INSTALL THE CPL NOACCEL PATcH it will own.

(make sure vsync is off)

logitech makes much better mice than MS, but MS (and logitech's software engineers) do their best to sabotage the terriffic hardware.

here's the thread dedicated to this project -
          http://myunreal.com/thread.php?id=23946

Comment

Thx:up:

Comment

Originally posted by csm

Install USB mouserate switcher 1.1 and change your usb frequency of your mouse to 250hz.

What does this do exactly?

Comment

Wow thanks for all the replies, Ill do that.

Comment

upping usb frequency increases the number of times per second that your mouse is polled for data.

side effects can include system instability in the form of random crashes and blue screens of death.

not worth it IMHO. - but in RMZS' defense - 250 is a more reasonable number than some guys post - i've seen people recommend pushing 500 -> 1ghz - which is flat out dumb, running the system that far out of spec. gg' software -> then hardware failure.

Comment

chu, in that thread, you don't exactly say what to do in mwadvanced. Can I assume you simply set it to "precision" and turn everything else off?

Comment

Seriously, why not use PS2? After turning up the polling, PS2 can be quite accurate, plus you don't have to deal with the CPU usage or potential instability of "overclocked" USB. What drawback am I missing here?

Comment

Originally posted by suibhne
                        Seriously, why not use PS2? After turning up the polling, PS2 can be quite accurate, plus you don't have to deal with the CPU usage or potential instability of "overclocked" USB. What drawback am I missing here?
                        laptops don't have PS2

Comment

Turn smoothing off, or really low if you must. Turn accleration off. Turn reduce mouse lag on.

Comment

Working...
                          X