No announcement yet.

Help! Upgrading....Conquerer (Geforce) fx 5200 PCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went from a gf 4 mx 440,to a gf 4 mx 420,to a 5200.
    Very little difference,besides that the 5200 has poor dx9,hell it can barely manage some games dx8 with medium settings and no aa or af,where as my $175 9600 pro can handle them high with 6xaa and 16xaf.
    the 5200 IS a gf 4 mx with dx9,but i could see this guy with the riva 32 mb could gain some frameage tho,but still your limited by how much information the pci can send - 33 mhz.

Comment

who has check out www.computerpartsusa.com?

like i said before thats where i got all my parts? i tested them and i get 70-80 fps constantly with all details maxed out!

on unreal 2 XMP i get 50-60 fps constant with all details maxed out!

trust me it a really good card! much better than a crappy 5200, but if thats all you can afford then buyers can't be choosers.

also my new AMD really helps it out too, iguess if you look at the picture that way:bulb:
      sweet bro,that looks like a great pc
      thanks bro.

Comment

http://www.abspc.com/
        http://www.newegg.com/
        http://www.tcwo.com

Comment

hey metalhead74, what resolution are you running it at?

If your running that at 1024 x 768 and getting THOSE frames........then I'll DEFINTELY get that radeon 9600 pro.

thanks

peace

Comment

yes i am running at 1024 x 768 one thing i falied to mention, i DO NOT use shadows or blob shadows. And i have not tested it on trilinier filtering. sorry for the missinformant

i thing i will say is to get those frames you have to have the Prosesor and mobo to support it, Don't get bottleneck by a low system.

i just got done upgrading as you can see in my sig, everthing was upgraded but the hard drive.

but yea man if you want to get the 9600 pro go for it!!!

Comment

You have helped me more than you can imagine metalhead......thanks a tonne

peace

Comment

the 9600 is a agp only card,they dont come in pci,the 5200 or ati 9100 is the best pci cards you can get

metalhead,a good thing to unclick that will give you much better frames without sacraficing visuals would be reduce mouse lagg.
                It gives me 10 more fps without touching anything else.:up:

Comment

thanks man, i'll try that!:up:

and about that pci stuff thats way old, you probly could a mobo for about $80 to $100 that supports apg.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Alchemist
                    You have helped me more than you can imagine metalhead......thanks a tonne

peace
                    dude just returning the favor, these guys at the board helped me out too. if you use the search i bet you could find lots of topics with ME asking for help.

Comment

you could either spend $90 or whatever on a pci card
                      But if you were attempting upgrading the mobo,you would have to upgrade everything else.
                      really if you were upgrading you wouldnt want to upgrade to something thats obsolete.like say buying a agp sd-ram mobo for your proc
                      youd want
                      AMD 2800+ or higher / mobo with DDR
                      /
                      2.8 800 fsb p4 /mobo with DDR ram

Vid card
                      512 DDR ram
                      for both youd need a larger power supply-maybe even a new box
                      Thats a pretty large upgrade say at least $500
                      you really get what you pay for
                      I would wait also,until your ready to do a complete upgrade.

Comment

your were right about that reduce mouse lag stuff, it does give you better frames. iwas getting 60-70 fps on BR-electifields

Comment

Ive allways tweaked some settings down to be better at the game.
                          under details - untick everything but foliage.
                          have your texture detail maxed and I run 4xaa and 16xaf.
                          I dont use any hud(press - or = in-game to remove/add hud)
                          I turn off screen flashes - the last thing you need is your view being obstructed with the minigun flashing or your screen turning red while your trying to fight.
                          Ive noticed its easier to play like this,and doesnt take away much noticable detail:up:
                          The last thing I do is I have a 85hz refresh rate set on my monitor-in 2k3 I have vsync set to false-and in vid card d3d props I use vsync allways on.
                          That way I get a steady 85 fps,its much smoother to play:up:

I use hidden weapon,but I wouldnt sudjest it untill you know the sound,or have your weapon bind down packed

Comment

Working...
                          X