The Factory Closes Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Best of luck to you fellow admin and Pittsburgher. Which pub are you going to? I live in so cal now but **** do I miss the Pittsburgh bars, so much more fun than so cal.

Thank you for all of your dedication and all the time you have given up to run some very fine servers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great server, I happend to play there most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What people are confused about in the posts up above is, if I read that right, related to download links.

If you go to sites like SkinCity, other areas of BeyondUnreal and such, a lot of the download mirrors are listed as "FactoryUnreal" - they're asking if THOSE will be going down.

Thanks for the fantastic server, Dubious. About the only server I played on, TDM-wise.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Much <3, Dubious. I spent countless hours playing on Factory, and I don't think I've experienced a server --in any game-- that was as fun as The Factory.

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Dubious,

Sorry to see you go, but I completely understand. Most of these kids have absolutely no idea how much time (and money) it takes to make, keep and run a popular server. I certainly do, and I tip my hat to you.

There are many days I come very close to pulling the plug on Cain's Lair, and I recently shut down my 40 player CSS Server.

Take care my friend, and enjoy all the free time you will soon have!! I know your friends and family will be pleased to see you again !!

-- Cain

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I haven't been around for years, but I've been playing on your server for a while now and had a lot of fun. Thanks for all the good times, Dubious. :downcast:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm gonna be very sad to see it go... It's been my favourite server for a while now...:cry:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mabey this is another april fools joke like the one about these forums going down?

If this is no joke, it will be sad indeed. The factory unreal download mirror on the beyondunreal fileworks was always the fastest for me usually got speeds over 1024KB/s :cry:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i realize that i am a fecking dumbass, say nothing else. i was thinking fileworks.beyondunreal.com... SORRY!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Luigi30
    So does this mean that all links in the community section in UT2004 will be dead?
    Originally posted by FlakDino454
    does that mean skincity goes too?

I think I've now lost all faith in INA. :bulb:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I used to play on the factory every day even before 2k3. 2k4 wasn't as much for me, but I joined in on a few games.

Thanks for all fun Dubs, good luck with everything in your future.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dubious
    I have no idea what this guy is talking about.

Nor this guy.

^^^lol

Anyways... Thanks for the hours of fun that I personally had playing and speccing on the Factory. I'm very sorry to see it go, but I certainly appreciated your efforts as one of the community's most knowledgeable and dedicated server owner/operators.

Good luck with future endeavors.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So does this mean that all links in the community section in UT2004 will be dead?
    I have no idea what this guy is talking about.

does that mean skincity goes too?
    Nor this guy.

so why get rid of it?
    I could simplify it and say financial reasons, but there is much more to it than that. Its just time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    YOU DID NOT SEE WAT I HAD HERE BEFORE...

OOP.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    why shut it down though i still dont understand that part of it? some people would kill to have a server that popular and that respected...so why get rid of it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X