Tips? Demo included

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips? Demo included

I've got a demo of me losing a 1v1 match to a bot on Godlike, 8-25. Can anyone give me some tips on what I'm doing wrong?

Demo

Can't even get it to play.

Comment

Mine played for around a minute, then the game crashed.

I was watching long enough to see that you were playing on DM Training day. If you really want to practice, I suggest you try a map that people actually play. For example, Rankin is a stock map that is quite popular. :up:

Comment

Tried running it on another PC, linux managed to open it.
        Trainingday match begins.
        Then the console drops down and the command "stopdemo" is entered.
        Then a command which *tried* to open some nvidia package.
        Wierd things going on

Comment

That's... weird...

Comment

Yes...

Comment

Worked great for me. So far you need to try to do more dodging and try not to walk into a flak blast.

Comment

I didn't watch the demo, but one piece of advice I have is to always play the same bot. For me, when I play offline I practice on Grendel against godlike Malcolm. I find he is the best at mimicking a human (although he is still pretty predictable, at least he will try and run away if you hurt him). By playing the same bot (and map), you can objectively gauge your improvement. Once you win on one map, play another. Anyway, use it for what it's worth..that's just how I practice offline gl.

Comment

addnamedbot malcolm

That's the console command.

Comment

1. watch 1v1 demos of some pros (use search) and pay attention to how they use each weapon. thatll show you how to use each weapon most efficiently.

2. watch the way they move/dodge while running and fighting. thats really important.

3. practice on rankin, ironic, and sometimes roughinery so you can compare the way pros play on those maps. people usually dont 1v1 on other maps anyway.

4. install the latest utcomp. it has a warmup mode where youre health is stacked and you have all of the weapons with all the ammo you need. i use this when i only want to practice on my aim, shock combos or something.

5. if you havent done this already, put keybinds for all of your weapons (use search). using the mousewheel really just makes it harder for yourself.

Comment

Working...
                    X