only lightning guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    It's also worth playing not just with normal weapons but also against them. You'll never be dodging a Super Shock Rifle in normal play, but it's important to get used to the lag between LG shots (for example) and time your movement accordingly.

Playing IG will help hone your hitscan aim, as long as you don't "spam" the Super Shock by holding down the fire button, and IG may even help your projectile aim a bit (though I still think that's a totally different ball of wax) - but it won't really help you dodge normal weapons, even hitscan weapons like the LG. It might be useful for some things, in other words, but it's not the be all and end all.

EDIT: Lol @ Avril Arena.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ickle
    Well i don't see how it can really effect nw play if you use insta to practise. AFAIK you won't take more than 2 consecutive shots with the LG in a game anyway.
    Because in instagib, movement plays a completely different role. It's no use being able to hit half your LG shots if it means people will be shredding you with the minigun and blowing you up with the RL and flak all the time.
    A large part of being effective with the LG is knowing when to use it, or at least knowing how to stay alive long enough to kill your opponent. (which is pretty long if you're using the LG)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    AVRIL-Arena == teh r0x0rs!!1

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well you just made my point :haha:

Helps your close control (I did it myself back in the day ) but it's not much use for practicing crossing for example since it's a lot easier to get under a football and the mass is too different.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by The_Deacon
    Well it's like practising football (soccer) with a tennis ball when there's a perfectly good football sitting right there. It's similar enough to work to some degree, but when it gets down to it, you'd be much better off using a football.
    actually using a tennis ball is very good for control and close ball skills, if you can control a tennis ball you will have no problem controlling a football, profesionals even use tenis balls for control practice (especially in brazil ) but ofcourse they dont use them too often otherwise it would have a negative affect

but i think we all know what you ment

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well i don't see how it can really effect nw play if you use insta to practise.
    Well it's like practising football (soccer) with a tennis ball when there's a perfectly good football sitting right there. It's similar enough to work to some degree, but when it gets down to it, you'd be much better off using a football.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well i don't see how it can really effect nw play if you use insta to practise. AFAIK you won't take more than 2 consecutive shots with the LG in a game anyway.

If it was the other way around using the LG to practise insta, that would make it difficult. It doesn't matter this way around tho' 'cos you wouldn't practise insta with a LG anyway :bulb:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Or, play insta for a while.

'What? I never spoke...'
    dont, the time between 2 consecutive shots of an insta rifle is different, that makes you wanna kick yourself when you start using LG :sour:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zoeff
    Use the Arena Mutator (its standart) and choose the LG...
    Did not know that ... ty Zoeff.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by »//{ÐNØ}\\«
    trashed= not me with inst... all i play
    Terrible.. NW all the way!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by killalot0
    play warmup with utcomp and switch to lightning gun. that way youll train much better then with the arena mutator
    This man speaks the truth.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by aTourist
    Yes, play arena mutator with LG in instant action. Or better, instagib online, so you learn not only how to be trashed really bad , but also how to lead a little bit just because of your ping (=inevitable internet-caused slight lag).
    trashed= not me with inst... all i play

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, play arena mutator with LG in instant action. Or better, instagib online, so you learn not only how to be trashed really bad , but also how to lead a little bit just because of your ping (=inevitable internet-caused slight lag).

Leave a comment:

• replied

'What? I never spoke...'

insta rocks, lol

it realy does..

Leave a comment:

• replied

'What? I never spoke...'

Leave a comment: