No announcement yet.

What sound card do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got two Event Darla 20bit soundcards in my machine - giving me a total of 16 seperate outputs. (and 4 in) One I bought originally for £300 quid and the other I bought of Ebay a few months back for £22!!!

Comment

NVIDIA SOUNDSTORM

Hooked up to Z-680's.

Too bad Nvidia killed it.

Comment

I had a Vortex 2 soundcard... those were the ****.

What Logy said is true. A3D 2 was FAR ahead of its time.

What bothers me about 3d sound no-adays, is that you can tell where someone is through an "acoustically solid" wall.

Example:

Nevermind that 10foot thick concrete wall separating you and your foe... just listen to his gunshots and triangulate his position.

In the real world, it would sound like he was coming from another direction due to the sound reflecting off other walls, and finding you through the free path the sound travels.

BULL$hit. Creative should go to hell for squashing that technology, it was superior... and Deserves to be brought back.

**** Creative.

Comment

I gots me a Audigy2 ZS.

Comment

I had an AC'97 integrated that gave me nothing but problems (speakers would not configure properly, buzzing at high volume, etc...).

Got an Audigy 2, and have had NO problems since.:up:

Comment

Motherboard-integrated Sound Blaster Live! 7.1.

It's okay, but it really sounds crappy at full sound acceleration in UT2004. Kicks the **** out of the AC'97 audio in the next room though easily at any settings.

Might get an Audigy 2 ZS with my next upgrade.

Comment

Working...
              X