What sound card do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so...

How much better is the Audigy 2 Value to the SB Live? the prices of both cards are basically the same.

Comment

I've still got my old SB Live card in there.

I've been looking at the Audigy4, but I don't need the huge hub that it comes with. So I'll just wait until they release a cheaper version of it.

Comment

Sound Blaster Audigy, does all I need.

Comment

Time to start again the discussion about differences between A3D and EAX. Why did Aureal loose the battle :cry: . With these cpus it should not be a problem anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by NiTrOcALyPsE
            I've got a first generation Creative SB Audigy. It's actually only an Audigy, there's no sort of "LS" or "Platinum" extensions or whatever. It also has a firewire port on it.
            Same here, with a basic but effective 4.1 system

Comment

Audigy Gamer

Klipsch 2.1 speakers

Comment

Does anyone know the difference between the Audigy 4 and the Audigy 2?

Comment

Originally posted by aTourist
                  Time to start again the discussion about differences between A3D and EAX. Why did Aureal loose the battle :cry: . With these cpus it should not be a problem anymore.
                  A3D is Audio from two front speakers that can make sounds that seem to come from behind.
                  EAX is used to generate realistic sounds. A gun shot fired in a different room should sound different then in the same room. EAX judges the difference and then plays it. The change could be echoes, soften the shot or maybe change its pitch depending on the size of the room or the type of floor the rooms has.(wood, tile or cloth)

A3D lost because it wasn't as good as two real back speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nirvelli
                    Does anyone know the difference between the Audigy 4 and the Audigy 2?
                    The Audigy 4 Pro and the Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro are very close.

The S/N ratio is 108 nominal @2v for the Audigy 2 ZS, vs. 113 for the Audigy 4.

Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro:
                    Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise at 1kHz (AES17) = 0.004% (1V, 2V Rated Output)
                    Frequency Response (+/-3dB, 24-bit/96kHz input ) = <10Hz to 46kHz (1V, 2V Rated Output)

Audigy 4 Pro:
                    Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise at 1kHz (AES17) = 0.003% (2V Rated Output)
                    Frequency Response +/-3dB: 10Hz to 46kHz

The only other real claim to fame that the Audigy 4 can make is that it supports playback of 64 audio channels, each at an arbitrary sample rate. (What value that is to anyone, I don't really know... if I lay down tracks I always do it at the same sample rate anyway, and I've never been anywhere close to 64 simultaneous... but I only do it as a hobby).

These two cards are extremely close, and the external I/O hub appears to be identical. I haven't compared prices.

I chose the Platinum Pro for comparison because it is the only Audigy 2 card that comes with the external I/O hub like the Audigy 4 Pro (which appears to be the only version of the Audigy 4 card available).

I have the 2 ZS PP, and I don't plan to upgrade until they come out with something with specs that are significantly better.

hth

Comment

I have the emu 0404
                      http://www.emu.com/products/product....incategory=754

Comment

Originally posted by Spaz007
                        A3D is Audio from two front speakers that can make sounds that seem to come from behind.
                        EAX is used to generate realistic sounds. A gun shot fired in a different room should sound different then in the same room. EAX judges the difference and then plays it. The change could be echoes, soften the shot or maybe change its pitch depending on the size of the room or the type of floor the rooms has.(wood, tile or cloth)

A3D lost because it wasn't as good as two real back speakers.
                        If that is so then I'm mistaken.
                        I was referring to the technology that actually calculated realtime the effect of walls to the sound, compared to eax technology which only uses approximations.

Comment

Originally posted by XMas
                          SB Audigy 2 (primary)
                          nForce2 Soundstorm (secondary)

It's nice to use two so I can play mp3's on my stereo while I'm playing ut with a headset on.
                          How do you do this? I have onboard and an Audigy 2

Comment

Originally posted by aTourist
                            If that is so then I'm mistaken.
                            I was referring to the technology that actually calculated realtime the effect of walls to the sound, compared to eax technology which only uses approximations.
                            I just looked up A3D. I had the very early version then and it didn't do the things that its saying it did in 2.0. So I guess it did more then what I thought it did when I had the card.

Comment

Dunno really. And all that is left is Creative. And their support sucks. And they need competition, just as intel needs amd and you-know-what needs you-know-what. So why there is none?

Forgot that this was a sidenote

Comment

Hercules Digifire 7.1.

Only cost £10 and it`s miles better than my soundblaster live 1024.
                                (got it in the jan sales.)

Comment

Working...
                                X