What sound card do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What sound card do you have?

I am interested to know what sound card you all have.

I have a creative sound blaster live sound card and I want a better one for gaming and music, what sound card would you recommend I get?

Audigy 2 ... more than enough for me

Comment

Nvidia SoundStorm (not really a card but its on the MB)

Comment

Sblive here too.. been planning to get Audigy some day but that day is not yet here. First I need another hard drive, then new cpu, then, guess what, a new graphics card :sour: .

Comment

SoundBlaster Live! 5.1
          I don´t recommend that card when you buy for the future.

Comment

tbsc

<3 it

Comment

How much better is the Audigy 2 Value to the SB Live? the prices of both cards are basically the same.

Comment

I've got a first generation Creative SB Audigy. It's actually only an Audigy, there's no sort of "LS" or "Platinum" extensions or whatever. It also has a firewire port on it.

For speakers, I've the Creative Inspire 5.1 surround system, they make for a good couple.

Comment

For speakers I still like my 2 stereo amplifiers & 4 hifi speakers setup, at least when the neighbors are not around. Spatial separation is not very good, though, I do not know if that is because of that 5.1 card, or the only 4 speaker setup, or the EAX version sblive uses.

Comment

Dunno, something with '97 in it's name thingy. :bulb:

Comment

Sound Blaster Live here too. For any audio upgardes, im going to wait til I upgrade to an entire pci-e system amd64 to see how the onboard audio sounds on it. If im not happy with its sound quality, i'll then look into buying a new sound card. But for now, im happy with what I got.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMan123
                        Realtek AC'97 is what you mean. Thats the sound drivers that are used for some integrated sound mobos. I have that one too.
                        OK, you know are these any good? ^^

Comment

Audigy 2 ZS

AC 97 and other integrated soultions are pos.. CPU based emulation is required.. generaly uses alot of CPU power.

Comment

SB Audigy 2 (primary)
                            nForce2 Soundstorm (secondary)

It's nice to use two so I can play mp3's on my stereo while I'm playing ut with a headset on.

Comment

no tbsc users?

Comment

Working...
                              X