No announcement yet.

Gameplay problem in ONS-Primeval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gameplay problems with Primeval start when you try to play games on it. It's basically just a crappy map.. horribly unbalanced, full of bugs/exploits, poor loadouts. It is to the stock maps what Tricky is to the ECE.

Still the #1 played map in NA competitive play, though. I cannot figure it out. Seriously, wtf.

Comment

IMO Primeval sucks, but mostly because you can hold the MIDDLE node by spamming with the hell bender. But then again both temas still have a hellbender of their own at the base.

But in this exemple you were just getting owned. You should be wondering how come the other team could bring a tank and a hellbender to your core. This game wasn't lost after 10 min of them spamming your core and spawning area, it was lost when you let the 2 most powerful vehicules on the map get to your core. What led to that?

But in essence I still agree with you Primeval sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoonman
        The gameplay problems with Primeval start when you try to play games on it. It's basically just a crappy map.. horribly unbalanced, full of bugs/exploits, poor loadouts. It is to the stock maps what Tricky is to the ECE.

Still the #1 played map in NA competitive play, though. I cannot figure it out. Seriously, wtf.
        Its a small map and competitive players knows if the enemy team gets up the middle node the game is about over and does everything to stop the node from being built...

Anyway Link gun is effective against Hellbenders so Link up and ffs dont allow the enemy to build that middle node...

Comment

Re: Gameplay problem in ONS-Primeval

Originally posted by Luigi30
          I was playing ONS-Primeval on a server. I was on the red team. Our core was vulnerable, but that isn't the problem. The blue team parked a Hellbender in an area across the map near the node that connects to the red core and was able to take out our core almost alone doing nothing but skymine combos. We couldn't attack it because the skymine combo took out anything that tried to go through there, and they had a tank there half the time that shot at anyone that came through. I took out the Hellbender by rushing it with AVRiLs. I died 4 times from it, twice right after I spawned. The energy turret couldn't see the Hellbender because the land was in the way.
          I am not sure of the situation you are describing. Do you mean that the bender was parked at the red side-node? Or in front of the red-base?

Some general solutions:
          - Destroy the middle node to protect your core. The bender can only cover one route at the same time, not both. Kill the tank if it is in your half of the map, else just chain-link (and snipe enemy linkers with shock rifle on the side-node side or using the bender on the other side).

- Time the detonations and dodge-jump in to kill the bender using link primary(rockets are very effective against benders too). Avril is a waste of time against a bender shooting sky-mines.

- Use your own bender to counter it. Use the alt-fire (laser) of the bender sky-mine seat to detonate the enemy sky-mines before he does. This way, you get rid of his sky-mines and do damage too. This is better than using the shock since the shock only detonates 1 ball, whilst the laser starts a chain-reaction. You can destroy the enemy bender very quickly this way if he is a noob and does not understand why his sky-mines are exploding early, killing his team-mates and damaging his bender, and continues firing.

Don't be discouraged by people saying "that's called getting owned". They are the sort who would rather laugh at you instead of helping you play better. And then they go "oh! noes! no one plays teh game anymore !!!!111!" On the other hand, because you cannot think of a solution to a problem does not mean there is a gameplay problem with a map. Primeval is the worst stock ONS map, but this bender situation is not one of its problems.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinroe327
            The best way to destroy the hellbender is using strategy.
            I prefer using a gun.

Erm. Right.

I don't like primeval. I find it to be a riduclous spider mine spam fest.

And it's not a gameplay problem, it's called using the abilities available to create an advantage.

Comment

It is to the stock maps what Tricky is to the ECE.

Comment

I was playing Primeval the other day, and to my dissapointment, i was the ONLY person repairing the nodes/vehicles. I got the game friday, and find it hard to play online cause of lag.

i've been playing 03' for awhile, does thiss till mean im a noobie in 04? :weird: :weird:

Comment

Originally posted by Jagnot
                  playing 03' for awhile, does thiss till mean im a noobie in 04? :weird: :weird:
                  Yep, espeacially if you are interested in playing Assault and Onslaught.

Comment

Originally posted by Jagnot
                    I was playing Primeval the other day, and to my dissapointment, i was the ONLY person repairing the nodes/vehicles. I got the game friday, and find it hard to play online cause of lag.

i've been playing 03' for awhile, does thiss till mean im a noobie in 04? :weird: :weird:
                    If your repairing vehicles and building nodes you lightyears ahead of most of the players in a normal pub game. Sad to say.

Comment

pulse (link) gun primary will combo shock balls, and it can be spammed....

btw, if you lose the core shield in ONS, my experience is that you stand a 90% chance you'll lose the round, too, in the case of primeval, the center node is where it's at, seize and hold it at any cost.

Comment

Originally posted by AA-11
                        pulse (link) gun primary will combo shock balls, and it can be spammed....
                        No.

Comment

Re: Re: Gameplay problem in ONS-Primeval

Originally posted by =XM=

Don't be discouraged by people saying "that's called getting owned". They are the sort who would rather laugh at you instead of helping you play better. And then they go "oh! noes! no one plays teh game anymore !!!!111!" On the other hand, because you cannot think of a solution to a problem does not mean there is a gameplay problem with a map. Primeval is the worst stock ONS map, but this bender situation is not one of its problems.
                          like he says:up:

Comment

Working...
                          X