Gameplay problem in ONS-Primeval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gameplay problem in ONS-Primeval

I was playing ONS-Primeval on a server. I was on the red team. Our core was vulnerable, but that isn't the problem. The blue team parked a Hellbender in an area across the map near the node that connects to the red core and was able to take out our core almost alone doing nothing but skymine combos. We couldn't attack it because the skymine combo took out anything that tried to go through there, and they had a tank there half the time that shot at anyone that came through. I took out the Hellbender by rushing it with AVRiLs. I died 4 times from it, twice right after I spawned. The energy turret couldn't see the Hellbender because the land was in the way.

So whats the problem? Sounds like normal Primeval to me...Try playing it on Cains Lair! Those are some entertaining times!

The best way to destroy the hellbender is using strategy. If its hidden, sniping usually wont do much, try to wait until his skymines arent combo'ing and rush past them. Once your out of their way make your way past any of the standing combo/flak/rocket using opponents. Once your in sight of it load up 3 rockets, fire them, and repeat. Normally you can get 2 sets of 3 rockets in him before he trys to kill you, then finish him off easily.

For the mantas, just sit close to a wall and shoot an avril where they will come [especially if you just killed it and know its just spawned and on its way back]

For the tanks, the best way is teamwork. Load up 2 or 3 guys with flak cannons on your manta, jump over the wall to the other base, and fly over the tank [not shooting yet]. Normally, the tank wont see it coming, as long as you dont start shooting...Once you pass right over the tank, your 2/3 minions will jump off and start flaking that beast while you are constantly on the move in the manta shooting at it. Even the best tankers can be easily overwhelmed with deadly targets and will have to bail or die.

and...ummm...link up!

Comment

It's a gameplay problem because I couldn't do anything but sit in the spawn area without getting killed by a skymine combo.

Comment

That's not a gameplay problem. That's called, "getting owned".

Comment

There is a way around the map to get behind him you know

Comment

if you get close enough I think you can use the shock and blow up ther e sky mine, but im not sure.

Comment

Well, he mentioned that the other path was blocked by the tank.

This thread reminds me of a post made back in the demo days. Someone was complaining about "lameness" in Torlan, because the enemy team had pinned his team down so badly they couldn't even leave the base without eating a tank shell.

Of course it can also be a decent complaint, depending on who you ask. Supposedly, UE3 ONS will address these sorts of issues.

Comment

just because there's a tank doesn't mean you're automatically dead..

also, the base where the core is has a hellbender.. ever hear of fighting fire with fire?

Comment

I'd forgotten about that. He could've used his team's Hellbender to combo the enemy Hellbender's skymines.

Comment

I usually aim my shock at the skymine turret of the hellbender and fire away. Usually you'll get a few hits on the balls that just formed and they knock the hellbender around

Comment

I couldn't get to line-of-sight with him because skymines kept blowing me up.

Comment

Well, explode them yourself with a shockrifle before they get the chance... hmm oh wait.. shocks are in the cabinet where the hellbender was right?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePerfectCore

Comment

Originally posted by ThePerfectCore
                            Well it sux so stop it!

Comment

Errr, as far as I know it is the goal of that gametype to get to the enemy core and destroy it. So the team must go there (preferably with vehicles). And if they are there you (and your core) is screwed, unless you fight back... ...and now comes the suprise: The other team DIDN'T want you to fight back and take out their center node, so they kept you in the base.

So you calling it an issue that the other team came to your base to destroy your core?

Comment

Working...
                              X