Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spawnkillers & Campers: tricksters or strategists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It propably depends on how skilled the manta driver actually is. Generally though I would not recommend rushing to their core/1st node fooling around.

Edit: and yes, I am still thinking the manta only, goliath is not interesting, levi even less.

Edit2: I do not like it SLOW, and dont ask my gf about it.

Edit3: No, I do not have a gf.

Comment

Originally posted by nny-jerk
      and as I said before... the manta in primeval is specifically for spawn killing... thats all it does until a core is vulnerable.
      Not necessarily true. I haven't had the manta last more than 2 minutes in that map with the people I play with. Course, we do place higher priority on teamwork than most pubs.

Loading up a manta full of mines does make short work of the tank there, I might add. Plus it can create a minefield in a cinch. Just watch for those stray AR blasts or you might be toast.

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
        That's quite an assumption.

I think spawn protection is bull****, spawnkilling has always been allowed on my servers and always will be.
        Yeah! Preach it, Flak!

Comment

Originally posted by aTourist
          It propably depends on how skilled the manta driver actually is. Generally though I would not recommend rushing to their core/1st node fooling around.

Edit: and yes, I am still thinking the manta only, goliath is not interesting, levi even less.

Edit2: I do not like it SLOW, and dont ask my gf about it.

Edit3: No, I do not have a gf.
          I disagree... if you can place a manta at an enemies prime before they start the build.... It's well worth the risk. The potential gain is enormous.

Comment

Still it depends imo.. if the driver is good then its a good idea. But if not, then (s)he is just taking your manta to nowhere just to be blasted to smithereens. And again, and again. Hmm.

Edit: Rethought that.. yes, you got point.

Edit2: Only not sure if it is 'well' worth the risk. Not always.

Edit3: I'm editing too much today.

Comment

Its not lame or nolame, read the manual and the rules.
              There it is clearly stated that :bulb: erm.. nothing is stated there.
              If spawncamping is a problem then it is a map design fault imnsho.

Edit: Not that I disrespect the efforts of mappers, I would never be able to do any more interesting map than maybe a cube, with concrete walls. And even thats propably just my good day.

Comment

First of all, you are not going to get rid of spawncamping completely through server setup or through map design without horribly jacking up the map/server to the point where nobody will play it, nor are they the cause of it. If its that big of a problem, its because you do not know how to stop it. Second, spawncamping has been around a very long time in many different gametypes through many different games, and in every one it can be a very good strategy depending on the circumstances, so why is it not possible for it to be a good strategy in ONS as well? I'm not saying it should be used all the time, because every strategy does have its place, but it is legit strategy, and at times a very helpful one, and it can be countered without too much effort.

I'm sorry for all of you who disagree with me, but skill is not just based upon how you kill people, its also based upon knowing where to go, when to fight and when to run, predicting your enemies, knowing what strategy to use when, wether or not you should go for the player or the node/core/pickup/objective, etc. Skill is these things I have listed, and many more things I have not listed. Ultimately, skill is what it takes to legitamately win a game. Just because its easy to spawnkill with a Manta does not mean it is pointless and lacking in skill, it just means it is a different skill.

Comment

When I played UT I played nothing but CTF and when it did'nt look like my team was losing I camped. I kept about %80 from touching the flag and about %90 from running out of the base with it. The other %10 died on the way to there base or captured. When they did capture I would go offensive and attempt to balance the score. If I could'nt do so I would camp our base the rest of the match waiting for it to end or another team mate to get a lucky chance to cap.

Spawn killing can be called lame or however you wanna call it but it stops the victim from acheiving his main goal in that match. It also wears them out and gives them less confidence, motivation, and ambition during that match.

Comment

Spawnkilling gives you frags. Frags are good. Therefore, spawnkilling is good. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by SWG_Victim
                      Spawnkilling gives you frags. Frags are good. Therefore, spawnkilling is good. :up:
                      Your theory is induced by pointwh0res

Comment

Originally posted by Fnix
                        Your theory is induced by pointwh0res
                        Well, it's fine for DM. In onslaught it stops the people from spawning at the closest node, so that's a decent strategy as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X