Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spawnkillers & Campers: tricksters or strategists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spawnkillers & Campers: tricksters or strategists?

I don't know why everybody hates spawnkillers & campers...
    sometimes (only sometimes) I go in the enemy base with the Manta, and I play carmageddon...is it a vile act? I dont think so.
    It's not vile to fight aganist 3-4 opponent at once, there's the spawn protection, weapons locker not 2 but 1 step away to the spawning points, turretS, avril in all the bases. And the Manta resist at 2 well placed shot at maximun. So what's wrong in fight in the enemy base?
    It is more difficult, u have not your teamate, u are alone, u dont have the "surprise effect", lot's opponent try only to destroy u. The few times i made it i had to jump like hell, dodge avril, destroy spider mines, resist to the turret, and, in the end, get out from my vehicle and fight on foot.
    I made it only because it's more funny than attack the same node for the 12000th time.And I made a favor to my opponents: they can fight immediately instead run all over the map
    Sometimes I've spawnkilled with the tank ...well, i had to destroy at least 2 Mantas for every tanks I took, destroy the incoming avril, keep my eyes peeled for enemy rap, reply to the turret, and so on.
    If u go aganist skilled opponent ur tank last less than the time u spent to drive it in position. Yesterday the opponentS wasnt able to destroy my tank, so they offended me...
    But it's not my fault if they arent skilled enought to beat a poor tank! the next roud, I was under the fire of a spawnkiller tank (with 2 of crew), i spent 15 sec (and 2-3 lives) to take it out with the avril. And this for several times. And I had fun.

Someone can say "get skill", but this is skill! the ONS it's a strategic game, it's not a duel, and to spawkill doesn't affects the result of a game, affects less than a nuke...
    In Maps like Primeval (i dont like this one) everyone camps, and I dont think there's a UT player that has never seen Torlan without a hellbender or a tank sniping.
    all this is wanted by who made this game,it is strategy. In LMS it's unfair to hyde, in fact there's the penalities of the warning to the othr players. In ONS there is not.
    And I think it's an act of loyalty for the other players to try to win with all the means.
    do u remember the introduction of UT99, what kind of fight was legalised?

I think that who whines against the campers is not a skilled player: instead of crying, he could just get some skill and take out the camper.

I'd like to know what do u think...

If you think that the people you are running over, who have just spawned, who have to get their bearings, and who have no weapons of note are unskilled, then we'll have to agree to disagree.

If you think your aptitude for running over people who have just spawned, who have to get their bearings, and who have no weapons of note implies that you are skilled, then you are a frigging idiot.

But, as long as you are having fun...

Comment

And if you think the people too incompetent to dodge or take advantage of their spawnprotection before you flatten them are just stupid, then you're probably correct.

Comment

Carmageddon is fun, but only if you're the one driving.

I think spawnkilling in ONS is mostly a map design thing. If everyone spawns in bunkers (with weapon lockers inside), there would be no Manta-geddon. And I'd hope the bunkers could not be shelled by tanks either...

Look at Assault. There's no spawnkilling in Assault. Why? Because the maps were made to prevent it.

Comment

Wait, I spawkilled one or two times since UT2004 was released...
          What I said is that I have no problem with them :alien:

I have no problem just beacuse, at least for me, take out a spawkilling manta it's easy and funny.
          Second, even if one stand in the enemy base with the manta, it's impossible to run down the enemies before they can take the weapons and defend themself. Even beacause there are differents spawpointS. The spawkiller must fight, not only shoot in the back.
          Ah, no-one who spawkilled me lasted for more than 10 sec. Less than the time needed to travel to my base.

Comment

I kind of agree with Thamiel.
            Spawnkilling in ONS is pretty much pointless as everybody you kill will just respawn with full health and spawnprotection.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx Look at Assault. There's no spawnkilling in Assault. Why? Because the maps were made to prevent it. [/B]
              There is. There are several places you can spawnrape, on a number of maps. FallenCity obj2 springs to mind.

To the original poster - spawnkilling requires zero skill. In public games (yeah, games - the object of which is to have fun) it's pretty detestable. It's no fun being spawnkilled in your base. As for "they have the lockers and spawn protection.." - spawn protection wears off as soon as you have fired a shot. If the manta is dragging you under it, then what chance do you have? Fire a shot.. and die instantly. Or don't, the spawn protect wears out, and you die anyway. If I had a manta, and you were spawning, I bet I could go Wicked Sick on you without breaking a sweat.

Regardless. Spawnkilling is not fun for the people being killed, this is a game, don't do it. In clanwars, I am less bothered about it.. it's a tactic. Even then though, I still consider it lame, and if you need to spawnkill to win, then you usually don't deserve to win anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoonman
                Regardless. Spawnkilling is not fun for the people being killed, this is a game, don't do it. In clanwars, I am less bothered about it.. it's a tactic. Even then though, I still consider it lame, and if you need to spawnkill to win, then you usually don't deserve to win anyway.
                Actually, from what I've seen so far, if you're in a situation where you CAN spawnkill you were pretty much dominating the map anyway. :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx

Look at Assault. There's no spawnkilling in Assault. Why? Because the maps were made to prevent it.
                  And because there are 1000HP laser turrets with a two thousand bursts per minute ROF guarding the spawn points. :weird:

Comment

tricksters? Dont you mean LAMERS?

Comment

don't play ons myself

but believe in my heart that camping and spawn killing has merit

part of the game

and it gives ppl sumthing to whine about

its called TACTICS and if you don't like it being done, do something about the doer! kill the camper, thats satisfying, no?

don't know much bout mantas etc but sounds like fun...

and in Assault games, well camping is sort of the name of the game, have to protect a certain point! so you hang around there.. or is that *not* camping then?

spawn killing in DM = have to (1 on 1 a kill is a kill)

just a thought... use it, don' use it

Comment

spawn killing is only briefly annoying since the spawnraper can only catch you off guard once. what i hate are the lamers who run around inside a base camping portals with a shield gun. i detest those lamers to no end. but it is fun to come up behind them and decimate 'em.

Comment

Whats wrong with spreading spidermines around a node then killing the rest with my manta?

I don't do it very often but I think its funny when someone gets ****** that I'm protecting a node with a tank and I'm called a camping asshat. "Sorry sir let me move my tank and let you rape my node."

Comment

I have no problem with spawn camping as long as its being used strategically and not because someone is trying to **** people off or rack up kills. I believe there is a time and a place for spawn camping. Sometimes it could mean the difference between wether or not you capture a critical node. Other times it hurts your team because you are needed more elsewhere.

Comment

No problems at all. Come on and get it! Just got a fresh, new shock rifle.

Comment

Working...
                              X