Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX500 Mouse DPI Question

Yes... another MX500 thread. Sorry.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out how to set set this mouse to 800dpi. I've read prior threads that indicate I need to go into the Windows registry to accomplish this but none of them went into great detail. Can anyone provide any more detailed information. I've opened the regedit.exe file and it looks pretty complicated. I'm running Windows XP Pro. Any help would be awesome.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\LMouFlt2\Parameters\OpticalMouse12\0000

Just branch out each of those mentioned ^
    The last one in this branch is called "Resolution" right click on it and modify it to 8 and reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by te®m
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\LMouFlt2\Parameters\OpticalMouse12\0000

The last one in this branch is called "Resolution". You'll have to set its value to 8 and reboot
      I've read that atari forum thread from which that path came from but for whatever reason doesn't jive with my system. Not sure if it's because I'm running XP Pro or not? I've opened a similar file within the regedit that is similar to "LMouFlt2" but there were so many numbers I didn't know what to modify.

Comment

I have xp pro aswell and it worked for me, so I dont really know.
        sorry

Comment

hmmmm. i'm going to have a friend look at this for me who knows alot more about PC's than I. Maybe this will make sense to him. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

?

What exactly does setting your MX500 to 800 dpi do? Does it make it smoother or something? This is the first I've read about something like this and it caught my attention.

Comment

Re: ?

Originally posted by frothlord
              What exactly does setting your MX500 to 800 dpi do? Does it make it smoother or something? This is the first I've read about something like this and it caught my attention.
              MUCH smoother but you need to cut mouse sens in games & windows to half... (it 2x the mouse speed)

ALL MX500 owners should REMOVE THE LEAD WEIGHT!! inside the mouse there is a quite large pice o' lead with it removed the mouse is almost 1/2 it's original weight

there is 3 screws on the bottom side marked by X's in the paper sheet

the weight is there to reduce the weight diff btw MX500 & MX700/900 due to the fact they got batteries and the MX500 dont... this was done to reduce the potential competition to MX700/900 witch are logitech's flag ships

4 of my buddies have removed it + me so far and only happy faces afterwards =)

Comment

Smoother... i guess you could describe it as that. Better accuracy is the end result anyway. Can you say HEADSHOT! There should be numerous threads on the subject. Search "MX500". That's the reason most people buy this mouse.

Comment

talking of the mx 500 ...

did you know that in this mouse is a metal weight ?

i removed it and the mouse works much better because of the reduced weight.

you don't have to accelerate so much mass.....

sorry, my english sucks but i guess you can imagine what i mean

Comment

Originally posted by kaTaToNiC aGonY
                    talking of the mx 500 ...

did you know that in this mouse is a metal weight ?

i removed it and the mouse works much better because of the reduced weight.

you don't have to accelerate so much mass.....

sorry, my english sucks but i guess you can imagine what i mean
                    lol just added that 2 my previus post removing that weight does own ^^

Comment

I just got the MX700, feels great but anyone know how to set up the scroller/side buttons to be used in UT2003?

Comment

Originally posted by [GOD]Odds
                        I just got the MX700, feels great but anyone know how to set up the scroller/side buttons to be used in UT2003?
                        get latest mouseware with that all my 8 buttons on the MX500 works

Comment

So the MX-500 isn't 800dpi by default? I looked for that reg setting and it isn't there, than again I don't have the mouse drivers installed. I had to uninstall them because I couldn't bind the extra mouse buttons ingame when they where installed. All the buttons would just show up as "ALT" rather than Mouse4 Mouse5 ect. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by X PsychoTron X
                            So the MX-500 isn't 800dpi by default? I looked for that reg setting and it isn't there, than again I don't have the mouse drivers installed. I had to uninstall them because I couldn't bind the extra mouse buttons ingame when they where installed. All the buttons would just show up as "ALT" rather than Mouse4 Mouse5 ect. Anyone know how I can fix this?
                            get the latest mouseware and download the advanced settnings gohinckey (all @ www.logitech.com )

Comment

I had the same problems with the MX500. To fix this issue I had to d/l and install 2 things. Check out the following thread link.

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...ighlight=mx500

Comment

Working...
                              X