The early success of the Unreal Engine 3 - incredible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TseTse
    thus, any very steep slope could get a specific rock texture, and blend into a grassy texture at the top while blending into another texture at the lower angles.
    This ability will definetely be in the next engine - I have read on several occasions interviews with the developers saying that they have a system in place that can auto-populate specific inclines and slopes (among other things) with specific texture/terrain types. I am assuming they will also have lots of tools in place to let to edit the parameters of how this is applied.

I also agree they need to work on proper outdoor optimization, but I have faith that they are doing that

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron M
      This ability will definetely be in the next engine - I have read on several occasions interviews with the developers saying that they have a system in place that can auto-populate specific inclines and slopes (among other things) with specific texture/terrain types. I am assuming they will also have lots of tools in place to let to edit the parameters of how this is applied.

I also agree they need to work on proper outdoor optimization, but I have faith that they are doing that
      cool, i have faith in epic too.

pimped outdoor terrain and optimization tools would solidify Unreal as engine of choice for many years to come.

Comment

btw, does anybody have links to such interviews????

id REALLY like to see em

Comment

Unreal Engine 3 with better NETCODE that Unreal Engine 2 Pwns

Comment

Working...
          X