No announcement yet.

The early success of the Unreal Engine 3 - incredible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lmao doom3 PWNS .. btw its better than Unreal 2 and unrela 2006. How about do some logical thinking. When is Unreal 3 coming out? no one knows? When did doom3 come out? 2004. so you are talking about 2-3 year diffrence? let see.. wanna talk about doom4?

doom3 engine is being used by Quake IV and RTCW 2 which will be big hits in the future. nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by swatX
      ...doom3 PWNS .. btw its better than Unreal 2 and unrela 2006.
      I never hear of Unreala 2006 (is it any good?).

BTW, we are talking Engines and the tools behind it. And the tools behind the id engines and the source engine are inferior when it comes to usability and productivity.
      The games are a matter of taste...

Comment

Originally posted by Kr4zed
        Q3 engine source code has already been released.
        Quote from Carmacks Blog, Dated Dec. 31 2004
        Quake 3 Source

I intended to release the Q3 source under the GPL by the end of 2004, but we had another large technology licensing deal go through, and it would be poor form to make the source public a few months after a company paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for full rights to it. True, being public under the GPL isn’t the same as having a royalty free license without the need to disclose the source, but I’m pretty sure there would be some hard feelings.

Previous source code releases were held up until the last commercial license of the technology shipped, but with the evolving nature of game engines today, it is a lot less clear. There are still bits of early Quake code in Half Life 2, and the remaining licensees of Q3 technology intend to continue their internal developments along similar lines, so there probably won’t be nearly as sharp a cutoff as before. I am still committed to making as much source public as I can, and I won’t wait until the titles from the latest deal have actually shipped, but it is still going to be a little while before I feel comfortable doing the release.
        As I said, he hasn't released it yet, and he won't untill he feels okay with it. The only source avalible right now is what they make avalible for mods to work with, not the engine source.

lmao doom3 PWNS .. btw its better than Unreal 2 and unrela 2006. How about do some logical thinking. When is Unreal 3 coming out? no one knows? When did doom3 come out? 2004. so you are talking about 2-3 year diffrence? let see.. wanna talk about doom4?

doom3 engine is being used by Quake IV and RTCW 2 which will be big hits in the future. nuff said.
        Quit trolling.

Comment

hey could you give me a copy of unreala 2006, because you seem to be the only person who has played it.

Comment

Just FYI:
            Soldier of Fortune III will use the Doom 3 engine.

I thought I should mention it.

Comment

Originally posted by chimbaktu
              hey could you give me a copy of unreala 2006, because you seem to be the only person who has played it.
              http://forum.tweak.pl/index.php?show...ded&show=&st=&
              first reply : "unreala 3" is talked about.

oh and UE3 is successful cause it pwns all

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
                The unreal 3 engine is probably going to nativly run on the X$hite and X$hite2 which means that game publishers are going to keep on going.

"WAIT A COTTEN PICKIN' MINUTE, if we produce our new fantastic PC game on this here engine we can also sell it on the Xbox...But oh...wait the Xbox will run it like utter crud so we better dumb everything down make sure we make use of lots of daft effects so it runs like pants on the PC and looks 20x worse."

Theres been all too many games made on the unreal engine recently which have been console crossovers and they run **** and they look **** and they play like a console game, and its really starting to **** me off quite frankly.

I hope this trend does not continue, otherwise I might have to murder every single Microsoft employee for coming up with that confounded contraption. Sigh. :down:
                Someone hasn't done their reserch, or really is just a ****ing idiot.
                If you've read any of the stuff about UED3 then you would have already known that it was being completely optimized for the X-box console.. That doesn't mean it's going to run like **** on the PC.. It just means there going to have a bit specifically for the console.

Midway is also very well known.. You think they're going to let some piece of **** come out in their name? I don't ****ing think so, so stfu.

Comment

Originally posted by TseTse
                  xray, reality engine, crytek, tse...

folks can debate the technicalities till we are all blue in the face, but what UE/3 has is solid, tested TOOLS.
                  Actually, the original Serious Sam games had a very friendly map editor, an easy to use model importer and enemy programming option. It just wasn't as powerful or well known as other engines of it's time.

Comment

Hello again.
                    Originally posted by Capt.fuegerstef
                    And I only know one game beyond that game in City 17 that uses the "soooo incredible" Source Engine. Perhaps there are more... ...but I think that this Engine was technically a huge letdown after all that hype.
                    Vampires: Bloodline (RPG), Twilight War (MMORPG), an unnaounced game by Arkane Studios, and then all of Valve's future games including TF2 which don't really count.

But yeah, UE has always been the most licensed engine. It's just tradition.

mm.. gravity zoning, camera polygons, the ability to render like 400+ monsters onscreen at once - in terms of easy-to-use engine features, this is the only thing that could really compete with UE3 for versatility
                    What has that to do with versatility?

Comment

sooo...what engine is and/or was duke nukem forever running? and when teh F$%^ is it coming out? :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost
                        sooo...what engine is and/or was duke nukem forever running? and when teh F$%^ is it coming out? :haha:
                        it's the unreal engine

Comment

I thought it was D3, actually.

Comment

It was originally Unreal1... so I'm guessing they are going to stick with Unreal tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Varsity
                              Vampires: Bloodline (RPG), Twilight War (MMORPG), an unnaounced game by Arkane Studios, and then all of Valve's future games including TF2 which don't really count.
                              That "unannounced game" is widely assumed to be Arx Fatalis 2, another RPG.

This thread is also missing any mention of the successful Gamebryo engine, whose recent and upcoming games include titles like Empire Earth II, Pirates!, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich.

Comment

A highly modified version of UnrealEngine2. They messed so much with it that you can hardly call it UnrealEngine2. Or at least that is what they say. (And considering the time they have been playing with the engine is could be true)

Comment

Working...
                                X