Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OT] HL2: Real life Alyx

Sign her up for the movie.

With the exception of Resident Evil, haven't they failed enough times with these stupid video game movies?

Tomb Raider = Failure
    Super Mario Bros = Failure
    Final Fantasy = Failure
    Streetfighter = Failure
    Mortal Kombat = Critical Failure
    House of the Dead = Failure x 100
    Double Dragon = Failure x 10000000
    Wing Commander = Really Awful and a failure
    Pokemon = Failure

Hollywood got lucky with the grosses on a couple but for the most part they are all awful and critical disasters.

Comment

I have to agree with your list with one exception..

Originally posted by X0n3r0g
      With the exception of Resident Evil, haven't they failed enough times with these stupid video game movies?

Final Fantasy = Failure
      I have to agree with your list with one exception and that is Final Fantasy...which truly sucked from a dramatic point of view, but technically was triumphant. As for Resident Evil, what's not to like about Mila Jovovich running around for 90 minutes in a wet and shredded mini-dress?....:haha:

-Toonces

Comment

Re: I have to agree with your list with one exception..

Originally posted by Toonces T. Cat
        I have to agree with your list with one exception and that is Final Fantasy...which truly sucked from a dramatic point of view, but technically was triumphant. As for Resident Evil, what's not to like about Mila Jovovich running around for 90 minutes in a wet and shredded mini-dress?....:haha:

-Toonces
        Resident Evil is great and the trailer for the next installment is genius http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/r...vilapocalypse/ . Final Fantasy was a technical achievement and that was it's major problem. Sony couldn't see the story past the eye candy.

Comment

Alien vs Predator is coming,.. finally

http://www.avp-movie.com

same director as Resident Evil

Comment

Originally posted by Dreaz
            Alien vs Predator is coming,.. finally

http://www.avp-movie.com

same director as Resident Evil
            He also directed Mortal Kombat and Event Horizon. MK was entertaining but Event Horizon will be a classic.

Comment

ARE YOU CRAZY!!!, Mario bros movie was KICKASS. Luv that movie still.

Comment

Re: I have to agree with your list with one exception..

Originally posted by Toonces T. Cat
                ...As for Resident Evil, what's not to like about Mila Jovovich running around for 90 minutes in a wet and shredded mini-dress?....:haha:

-Toonces
                I loved that part... er... the whole movie... she's my type of gal

Comment

mortal kombat movie is cool

resident evil movie is boring **** :down:

Comment

He also directed Mortal Kombat and Event Horizon. MK was entertaining but Event Horizon will be a classic.
                    IMHO I personally think Event Horizon .... while scientifically interesting.... basically stunk. It had some good stuff going on but the whole evil dimension when using the gravity drive..... um... didn't like it. other than that i thought it had a lot of promise that didn't deliver. but that's just my opinion. I do respect that you like it.... but if Mistery Science Theater 3000 was still on... they'd do Event Horizon

Comment

Yeah, i agree with drwhojm, bout the whole Event Horizon not being that great. Lots of people liked it, but i could never see what was so special about it. To me, it seemed like it was trying to be like, all 'freaky and scary' etc, but imo, came off cheesy, hacked on, and rather uninspired.

That is just my opinion though, which i may have coz i watched it when i was under other influences (that shall remain annonymous)

Comment

Originally posted by X@L3
                        Yeah, i agree with drwhojm, bout the whole Event Horizon not being that great. Lots of people liked it, but i could never see what was so special about it. To me, it seemed like it was trying to be like, all 'freaky and scary' etc, but imo, came off cheesy, hacked on, and rather uninspired.

That is just my opinion though, which i may have coz i watched it when i was under other influences (that shall remain annonymous)
                        It was an homage to old 70's and 80's sci-fi horror films. That was it's charm. Science rarely makes sense when mixed with horror, with Evil anything is possible.. It really does have some scary 'zingers'. 3 out of 4 is my rating.

Comment

Tomb Raider = Failure
                          Super Mario Bros = Failure
                          Final Fantasy = Failure
                          Streetfighter = Failure
                          Mortal Kombat = Critical Failure
                          House of the Dead = Failure x 100
                          Double Dragon = Failure x 10000000
                          Wing Commander = Really Awful and a failure
                          Pokemon = Failure

Hollywood got lucky with the grosses on a couple but for the most part they are all awful and critical disasters.
                          I didn't mind Tomb Raider, although it wasn't brilliant.
                          Super Mario Bros was quite funny at the time
                          Final Fantasy I liked quite a bit
                          Street Fighter (the animated film) I liked, the jean claude 1 was **** tho.
                          Mortal Kombat films I quite enjoy watching even now
                          The rest just suck

Comment

**** you ! Mortal Kombat was pure pwnage!

Comment

I kinda liked Super Mario Bros.
                              Granted... it was no Gone with the Wind or Ben-Hur, but it wasn't bad considering the base material with which they had to work.

I liked Final Fantasy. Made my eyes smile.
                              Tomb Raider *shrug* Not bad. See Mario Bros notes above.

Wing Commander made me want to stab my eyes out with a garden rake.

The rest I either haven't seen or didn't watch completely because I didn't like they way they started.

Pokemon was a movie? Hm.
                              Not knowing about it saved me the trouble of not wanting to watch it in the first place. :up:

Comment

Working...
                              X