Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything in UT2006/Envy should have vehicles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree. There's quite some movement required to dodge vehicles as well.
    It IS however more work to destroy one, so it would barely be worth attacking vehicle'd players.
    'sides it's not as if you can leave vehicles lying around on spawnpoints like you can do with weapons, so I guess I do agree it would be pretty horrible.

Comment

Vehicle camping wouldn't be so bad because now it's a tactic instead of something that annoys your teammates (what teammates?) and you can just blow the campers dead.
      I think it could work, but it would be COMPLETELY different from normal DM. Much slower, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by BasketCase
        Next person to say 99 after UT, should be curb stomped.

Comment

Originally posted by requ!em*
          the term is curbing... ever see american history X?
          /Me shudders....

Just thinking about that scene almost makes me physically ill.

Comment

Agreed NO! keep the vehicles in their own gametypes and DM is NOT one of them..

Comment

Originally posted by Mastame
              No.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Magwa
                  Agreed NO! keep the vehicles in their own gametypes and DM is NOT one of them..
                  Especially not for UT style DM.

Comment

.....Or just wait for the first Envy edition of car launcher.

Comment

I agree with Placebo that map makers should be the ones to decide whether they want to add vehicles to their maps or not. Sure for the majority of the deathmatch maps you will want to play good old regular style, but I think that it would be lots of fun to have a map every once in a while that has a scorpion, manta, or a flushmobile(toilet).

Sure it's not for every gametype. I don't see how vehicles could fit in with DD or BR, and especially Mutant! That is the worst game ever to see UT, and adding all the abilities of the vehicles to the bastage would only make it that much less fun.
                      Imagine, if you will, the mutant that you can already barely see, being able to fly above eveything and then using the Leviathans seige mode attack on everyone, and then spamming whatever is left with sky mines or the goliath attack. Sounds like tons of fun to me.*sarcasm*

Comment

No..
                        Gameplay and skill take a huge hit with vehicles..
                        :downcast:

Comment

Working...
                        X