$500 computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    actually, with a 6600 i was thinking about going with this quantum case for $110 with this thermaltake 480W PSU. that would add about $100 to the total. but i strong PSU and durable case with good airflow would be worth it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    taken care. i noticed that whenever the page refreshed. darn url tags and their ninja like vanishing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ThePerfectCore
    omfg :up:
    Oops, typo!

chimbaktu, the "links" to your components is actually one big link. You might wanna edit that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    here's what i had so far:

Case: COOLER MASTER Cavalier 3 Black ATX Mid-Tower Case With 350W Power Supply, Model "CAV-T03-UKA" -RETAIL
    $70

mothebroard CHAINTECH NVIDIA nForce4 Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU, Model "VNF4" -RETAIL
    $87

CPUAMD Athlon 64 2800+, 512KB L2 Cache, 64-bit Processor - Retail
    $120

video card
    Leadtek nVIDIA GeForce 6600 Video Card, 128MB DDR, 128-Bit, DVI/HDTV-Out, PCI-Express, Model"PX6600 TD" -RETAIL
    $109

RAM: Corsair Value Select (Dual Pack) 184 Pin 512MBx2 DDR PC-3200 - OEM
    $99

DVD : NEC 16X Double Layer DVD±RW Drive, Black, Model ND-3520A BK, OEM
    $60

160gb western digital hard drive
    $40 (best buy rebate bullcrap)

that would take me to $585. and i'm pretty sure i could shave off a few more dollars. watcha guys think?

::EDIT::: fixed url tags, and rechecked the links. turns out the memory hit a price drop. now the total is $585.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    489X CDRW
    omfg :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Crotale
    LOL. Make it $2 so my feelings aren't hurt.
    I think everyone else will over bid, **** it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Spaz007
    I bid $1 BOB
    LOL. Make it $2 so my feelings aren't hurt.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I bid $1 BOB

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've got a nice system that I could part with for a reasonable price. It's a Barton 3200+ with an Aerocool dualfan heatpipe, GA-7N400 Pro2 mobo, 1GB of Mushkin Blue ram, 120 GB SATA HDD, Radeon 9600 XT, 48X CDRW, and Audigy LS all wrapped up in a nice looking windowed case, replete with lots of lighted fans, etc...

If anyone is interested, PM me.

Fixed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you want a little system as a second system, (not for gaming), i suggest the Mac mini aswell

http://apple.com/macmini

Now, if you want a quick system, eMachines' high end system, is about $600, all you need in it is a better video card and a ram upgrade maybe.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'll say it once more. NEVER get the SE cards.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You might've gotten an unlucky one with bad locked pipelines, etc.

It's still a risk, but either way the 9800 SE should easily outperform the 6200 without taking a look back even at stock. You don't really need to unlock it though.

Besides, in most games that utilize SM3.0 the 6200 would probably get sub-20's in FPS.

Don't get so angry because you had a 9200 SE that performed like **** either way. :noob:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    NEVER get the SE cards. I made that mistake a long time ago. At the time, I thought it stood for "special edition". :noob: Unlocking them just causes graphical anomolies and overheating. I reccomended the 6200 because of it's support for Shader model 3.0. If you really need a better video card, the 6600GT or 6800GT would be best.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you want your gaming to not be ****, I can recommend one must-have part for your list.

For only $7 more than the 6200, the ATI Radeon 9800SE will be VERY nice. The one pictured is full 256-bit in memory bus and if you're lucky you might be able to unlock full 9800 PRO functionality.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Knobby
    And I would not reccomend the Sempron at all. It is only $40 cheaper, and they suck for gaming. The one I found is also 64-bit, were as that one is not.
    True, but he is only spending $500. You can't expect 64-bit performance for that price...yet. I was merely trying to keep the costs below $500.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X