This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unrealtech Fever

It's spreading everywhere, in all zones of society. Microsoft just took a BIG step on aquiring an UnrealEngine3 license. What it seems now it has become a religion and if not the UnrealTech fever.........

What does the future hold for all the small game engine companies? Will they suffer in the midst of the UnrealTech fever just as dominant as Microsoft is, Epic soon will control the whole industry.....

What are you predictions?

:haha:

Soon Epic will hold a monopoly in gaming!

Well, before M$ buys Epic too...

Comment

Hard to guess because there's way more than just a simple suppy-demand scale involved; you have several factors, involving but not limited to: the price of development tools, the EASE of said tools, the capabilities of the engine (rendering, physics, networking, etc!), the popularity of the engine with end users, the cost of games developed with it FOR those end users, etc. etc.

I think in general the Unreal universe has a great handle on most of these things. No one engine will be perfect across the board, but it [unreal engine] will be prominent for some time to come.

Comment

I really hope that if epic is going to produce games for XBox people like WT and DrSin will be more involved with the security side as MS obviously have no clue. I won't get into detail other than to say my account was suspended for a month and i am REALLY annoyed

In any case this is really good news for Epic as far as profits go, so good for them, they deserve the recognition for putting out such a great product.

Comment

Yeah i was wondering why you weren't using msn anymore, now i know. Hope you get that all sorted out soon

EPIC deserve all the good that comes to them for making one of the most fun games i've ever played. Thank you EPIC

Comment

Don't forget that Midway will Use UnrealEngine 3 for ALL their nextGen titles.

Comment

I think my prediction holds true........

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
                I really hope that if epic is going to produce games for XBox people like WT and DrSin will be more involved with the security side as MS obviously have no clue. I won't get into detail other than to say my account was suspended for a month and i am REALLY annoyed
                When it comes to security, Epic is proably more useless than MS.

Comment

Originally posted by vrxGz
                  When it comes to security, Epic is proably more useless than MS.
                  Quoted for truth :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Bort Simpson
                    Quoted for truth :up:
                    Hey, at least they're not Valve.

Comment

Microsoft did it in order to win the xbox 360 vs ps3 , btw everyone who thinks that ps3 has 2x better hardware than xbox 360 check this

http://www.majornelson.com/2005/05/2...3-part-1-of-4/

Comment

Originally posted by musilowski
                        Well, before M$ buys Epic too...
                        NO!

Comment

as long EA dosnt take over Epic :noob:

Comment

Originally posted by Atari-Forums
                            as long EA dosnt take over Epic :noob:
                            :up:

Comment