DX1 from Ergodex, anyone tried one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DX1 from Ergodex, anyone tried one?

Just read this article http://www.tomshardware.com/game/20050308/index.html and was wondering if anyone out there in UT land has seen/tried/owns one of these. Looks promising, esp for my wife. She has CP and has some issues with using keyboards effectively. Thought this might make her a happier fragger Specifically I would like to know if the keys move similar to normal keys, or if they are more like calculator chicklet keys.

The company site is http://www.ergodex.com/
    but their FAQ is, shall we say, lacking.

Yeah, it isn't clear from that article how the keys feel to the touch. It seems very unusual to say the least.

Comment

i read that yesterday. certainly a cool invention we'll see if it takes off

Comment

Hmmm - I saw the bit on timed macros and wondered whether it'd be considered "cheating" to use them to do dodge-jumps, sheild-jumps etc

I suspect it would be!

Comment

Thougth I would follow up on this. I received mine today. Very nice indeed. I posted a bit over here http://www.ergodex.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=547#547

Truly a worthwhile product.:up:

Comment

I like the idea of being able to freely arange the keys but..... if I had one I'd probally arrange them exactly as they are on a normal keyboard:P

Comment

Originally posted by Piglet
              Hmmm - I saw the bit on timed macros and wondered whether it'd be considered "cheating" to use them to do dodge-jumps, sheild-jumps etc

I suspect it would be!
              No different to the n50/n52

It's actually quite difficult to script a shield jump anyway - I tried as I can never do the **** things, and gave up. It's something I very rarely need anyway.

Comment

Even dodgejump macros with the n52 are quirky at best, you just can't rely on them. So I don't bother with macros anymore.
                With the proper keybinds/aliases you can simplify alot of things like shieldjumping and x-loccing and leave you with more flexibility.

Comment

Yeah got mine Monday.

Due to work being busy I've only had about 3 hours on it so far and I've not even used up all the keys yet.

Advantages are that I can have the keys placed where I want and that the position of both the keys and the board means its way more comfy for long term gaming.

Pricey and a luxury but all good.

PS keys are **** hard to get off and restick perfectly

Comment

Yes, being able to have the keys so they are just under your most comfy posture is very sweet.
                    Getting them off, yes, I had to adjust the ones around my middle finger a couple times, had to remove a few to get to them.
                    [ Cobonweb]
                    Nah, you place your hand and then lay keys where your fingers naturally rest. Well, thats what i did. Still have to retrain for a couple changes I made to which fingers do which in game function, since I could improve the overall layout. Just getting used to using my pinky and thumb more than before. As I said, using your thumb for more stuff.:up: Now I can actually reach all the weapon binds without moving my entire hand.

Comment

say good bye to fatigue!
                      I'm getting one.

Comment

Originally posted by Piglet

I suspect it would be!
                        actually you can set up perfectly timed Sheild jump with just the User.ini

i have and use the N52 and i much prefer it over the wasd or arrow keys. but on this thing, those removeable keys just seem like trouble waiting to happen. if a key Can come off. it WILL come off. how annoying would it be to suddenly lose the "move backwards" key in the middle of a firefight.

Comment

Working...
                        X