My New PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Venael[FatZ]
    Then why did you suggest that the original poster should use XP Pro over XP Home then?
    I said it because there may be some things in XP Pro that, even if they cant\dont need to use them now, may need or want later. Mostly i ment it to be part of the entire system, why have all the other goodies, high end processor, lots of memory, etc, if you will not be albe to use it to its full potential.:up:

Comment

Got the PC up and runnin last night...

Had ONS runnin on Holy Sh*t settings and was gettin 70-80 fps...

WHAT A BEAST!

Comment

thats what we like to hear :up:
        good news

Comment

Congrats on the system. Dell/Gateway/HP/Compaq and the like get a lot of bashing around here (and with good reason, for the most part) but it looks like you got a solid system.

I kinda gotta go :bulb: to the fact that you didn't want to build it yourself, but hey... it's your call. The system works, you've got a warranty behind you, and they hopefully won't try to screw you over if anything goes wrong. Have fun with your beast!

I'll be putting mine together this weekend.

Comment

Perhaps I'll build my own one day in the future (but prob not)...

Just into gaming, not so much into the tech behind gaming

Comment

Erm, I built my current pc (despite not knowing much about them) and I have to say that next time I'd rather not build my own, if I have the money.

Comment

Originally posted by huh
                Erm, I built my current pc (despite not knowing much about them) and I have to say that next time I'd rather not build my own, if I have the money.
                where did you have problems or had problems since building?
                just interested for the future

Comment

Originally posted by huh
                  What went wrong?

Comment

I too am building a PC this weekend, but I'm building it for someone else and making £222.57 out of it =)

Comment

making £222!! are they not to knowledgable then? or is it a really high budget?
                      that seems a good way to make a living

Comment

Nothing went wrong, save for the fact that I bought a crappy case so that the motherboard could fit in it and ended up having to unscrew the psu about 10 times to fit other parts in. Half the time I spent on it was, erm, 'modifying' (see: breaking parts of the) case in order to fit things in. :<

I was surprised the thing even turned on, but it did, and I've never had any problems with it.

I don't know, I really didn't enjoy doing it. Maybe it's just because it was my first time building but next time I think it'd be easier to just buy one (if I had the money).

Comment

I think your experience was colored by the fact that you bought a craptacular case.

Comment

huh's experience is exactly what I'm afraid of...a PC is a highly sophisticated and complicated piece of technology and I'm not about to get into building them "from scratch"...I'll happily pay extra to some guy who does it for a living...(as long as I get to hold him accountable for the result)

Comment

SwellFello... if you read his post again, you'll note that all of his problems would have been avoided if he bought a better case. The only thing that went wrong was the case.

Don't sell yourself short; it's really a sense of accomplishment when you put it together yourself and see it boot up.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoobis
                                making £222!! are they not to knowledgable then? or is it a really high budget?
                                that seems a good way to make a living
                                It's a guy where I work. He said he went to a shop and they were going to charge him £640 for the spec he wanted. I said I could do it for £590. When I really looked hard I found the parts nice and cheap, meaning he gets his PC for £590 and I get a nice healthy cut of £222.57.

Apparently he wants 6 more built, but that's in the pipeline. I think they're for a dentist cousin of his who needs the machines building. I think they might want them networked as well, which I will do for around £500 depending on the type of network they want. Its just finding the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X