Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My New PC

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Hey SwellFello...

    Posting about your new rig in here is bound to draw a lot of flak from the peanut gallery (me included) but don't sweat it. You've bought yourself a really nice rig that will run any game out there full tilt boogie. Sure, there will be other systems that are somewhat faster, but that will always be true. Don't let these remarks get you down... your system rocks.

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by Folk
      Hey SwellFello...

      Posting about your new rig in here is bound to draw a lot of flak from the peanut gallery (me included) but don't sweat it. You've bought yourself a really nice rig that will run any game out there full tilt boogie. Sure, there will be other systems that are somewhat faster, but that will always be true. Don't let these remarks get you down... your system rocks.
      but the point is he can get the same comp at a much lower cost!!

      Comment


        #48
        If I could have found a system like this:

        Athlon 4000 or FX
        2MB Ram
        2 GeForce Ultras in SLI config

        for $2,380...I'd have bought it

        Went with the P4 system based on FiringSquad's positive review of the P4 660 CPU and the great deal from Dell

        PROPS to DELL:
        I ordered the system last Thursday, and it included free 2nd day shipping...they estimated at the time that it would arrive on Friday of this week, I thought that's great I'll get it in a week. IT ARRIVES TODAY, TUESDAY. How's that for service???

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by Mostly_Harmless
          Jezza, he is talking about upgrading to more RAM, not a 512MB video card (which I believe only 1 exsist to the gaming community at a very high price). LoR only has 512mb worth of RAM which isn't bad at all, but an upgrade to about 1024MB would be best.

          -LoR definally a nice computer if you are building on a budget! I would have ditched the expense of watercooling for air and with that extra money brought more RAM.
          It come as standard with watercooling, so i in theory didn't pay extra for it. Hell i didn't even notice it had it untill i took it apart heh.

          I meant RAM btw, not GFX memory. As harmless so kindly pointed out.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by SwellFello
            PROPS to DELL:
            I ordered the system last Thursday, and it included free 2nd day shipping...they estimated at the time that it would arrive on Friday of this week, I thought that's great I'll get it in a week. IT ARRIVES TODAY, TUESDAY. How's that for service???
            :up:

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by -[LoR]-
              It come as standard with watercooling, so i in theory didn't pay extra for it. Hell i didn't even notice it had it untill i took it apart heh.

              I meant RAM btw, not GFX memory. As harmless so kindly pointed out.
              Standard with watercooling?? Thats awesome, nice buy :up:

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by SwellFello
                If I could have found a system like this:

                Athlon 4000 or FX
                2MB Ram
                2 GeForce Ultras in SLI config

                for $2,380...I'd have bought it
                Dell doesn't sell AMD based systems..... yet.

                Too late now, but I would recommend Monarch for a custom built AMD system. I configured one like you mention above and it came in at about $2,700. I used 6800 GT's instead of Ultras (they will run at the same speed if you OC a bit).

                Specs:

                Antec Super Lanboy aluminum case
                Antec 480W power supply
                Asus A8N NForce4 SLI
                2 6800 GT OC 256 MB
                A64 4000+ retail box with heatsink fan
                2GB Corsair TwinX 3200PT
                Audigy 2 ZS Gamer
                200GB Maxtor SATA drive
                LiteOn 52X DVD/CDRW Combo
                Floppy
                XP Home
                1 year parts/labor
                Free DVD edition of Fry Cry and four months worth of Napster downloads.

                $2,673.23

                Sweet.

                It's about $300 more than the system you configured, but it is SLI....

                And that's a pre-built rig.... just like Dell.

                Comment


                  #53
                  So basically if you added a little extra cash, you could obtain this puppy :

                  AlienWare Aurora™ 5500

                  Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 2
                  AMD Athlon™ 64 4000+ Processor with HyperTransport Technology
                  2GB Alienware® Dual Channel Low-Latency DDR PC-3200 at 333MHz - 4 x 512MB
                  ATI RADEON™ X800 PRO 256MB DDR3 w/Digital and TV Out
                  160GB Seagate® Barracuda 7,200 RPM w/8MB Cache
                  NEC® ND-3520 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Recorder
                  Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 ZS High Definition 7.1 Surround Firewire (IEEE® 1394)


                  $2,440.00

                  Comment


                    #54
                    how's the case?
                    the case is essential !

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by -[LoR]-
                      So basically if you added a little extra cash, you could obtain this puppy :

                      AlienWare Aurora™ 5500

                      $2,440.00

                      Yeah, but my make-believe system has SLI for only $200 more. I win.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        @-[LoR]-
                        You got watercooling into your shuttle?
                        What did you use for that, as I'm highly interested in doing the same!

                        Cheers.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by RoflDaemon
                          ... not
                          it is.
                          don't tell me that the case is useless.
                          look at this as example.
                          and i got a new case, and a cool one is very usefull : my cpu temperatur dropped by 7 degrees celcius at least.:haha: :haha:

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by toniglandyl
                            how's the case?
                            the case is essential !
                            indeed it is:
                            http://www.jamesscott.me.uk/dscf1252.jpg
                            http://www.jamesscott.me.uk/dscf1251.jpg

                            thats mine sorting it out to be a Ut99 server :up:
                            amd k6 450mhz
                            128mb pc100
                            5GB HD
                            internal 'graphics' half ruined by a burn piece of casing
                            win98

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by Folk
                              Yeah, but my make-believe system has SLI for only $200 more. I win.
                              Baby!

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by Anoobis
                                internal 'graphics' half ruined by a burn piece of casing
                                win98
                                lol.
                                that should be liek uber hot, no space for the fans

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X