Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

The best comebacks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best comebacks

First things first, comebacks are when you are close to losing, but coming back and winning or something close to it. This can be in any competitive gametype. Opposite team comebacks are allowed.

Post your awsome combacks you have experienced while playing UT2004!

Heres a starter:

In ONS-Torlan, our team was owning, we pushed them to their powercore, and damaged it to 2%. Somehow, they retook the base node and the tank node, and fought for the center node. Eventually, we were pushed to our core, and lost the match before overtime commenced. The score was originally 2-1 with 3 to win, meaning that with this win, they reached 2-3. Sadly, this means we lost the entire game, not just the round. UT2004 needs more instances like this, where a team can actually pull itself together, and win a seemingly hopeless match.

The above was in a PUB server, with 20 players, WITHOUT TEAMSWITCHES, and WITHOUT THE DEEMER.

Come to Orlando's game convention :up:

Comment

Meh, some of the best comebacks I've seen were verbal.

Whiner: You're an ***hole
      Me: I'm not an ***hole, I'm a bastard. If you're going to try to insult me, do it right.
      Whiner: ...

Comment

Or you hear this on mic

That comeback sucked harder than your mom plz

Comment

My fave recent one was on venom vs ne last week.

http://internationaldl.jolt.co.uk/in...ewfile&id=4595

Core down to 17% in about 8 seconds, but thanks to a well placed tank and a node link cut off we went from 2 seconds away from death to victory in the space of 30 seconds. Normally its us that lose like that but for once we managed it!

Comment

We scrimmed another clan once and mounted a furious comeback on dawn. We hit their core with literally four shots in the last few seconds to beat them as our core went down to 0. We went silent on teamspeak after one of the cores blew up because we weren't sure who won, chaos ensued after we realized that we won. Best map/game I have ever played.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel

Me: I'm not an ***hole, I'm a bastard. If you're going to try to insult me, do it right.
              True enough! :up:

Comment

I've had several almost unbelievable comebacks in Severance. Usually happens when the enemy team doesn't bother defending that node, and thinks "Okay, the game is over for them", and then while they're all at our core, with the Levi ready to deploy, the node goes down, and while they're walking back and whatnot, we've already captured half of the nodes and they've lost their Leviathan.

Comment

Best comeback ever was the 2004 Boston Red Sox.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel

:haha::up:

Comment

Don't know if this is a comback or not, but I ALMOST won a handicapped onslaught match, me versus 2 other players. I had thier primary node under fire and almost destroyed........ but BOTH of my connecting nodes went down within the same second. And of course, I lost.

Pretty cool though.

Comment

Usually my favorite comebacks are when my team is having a tough time at our 1st node, for example on RedPlanet, the other team is attacking, I've advanced to node 2 and have started building it, they take down our node 1, but I keep on building 2 for like 5 minutes fending off random attackers.. finally we get our 1st node built, and of course, me having kept node 2 99% full, I speed off and call the team to attack the enemy's 1st node.. usually it's me and 1 other person who has any clue how to use teamwork, taking down their defenseless node in 5 seconds, then mowing down their powercore while they're still halfway across the map.. buwahaha.

Comment

in a 2v2 against shuuk last week, both me and my teammate went on a killingspree after first blood by them. so it was 10-1 to us, we locked the map completely down, and started building our lead. I Got shot off the beltledge and died, enemy toook belt and never lost control.
                          This is the result:

[screenshot]http://img178.exs.cx/img178/7119/shuuked5zc.jpg[/screenshot]

properly owned by properly oldschool

( the real oldschool players on this forum know what shuuk is, the people that dont know, its the clan that made gitzZz, frag^m, Solo, etc. big, a part is new a part is the old team)

Comment

Originally posted by Jes
                            True enough! :up:
                            The best part?
                            I am a bastard in the literal sense(concieved and born out of wedlock)
                            So, when someone calls me that, I'm like "Yea, and your point is?"

Comment

Originally posted by Fnix
                              Come to Orlando's game convention :up:
                              what game convention?

Comment

Working...
                              X