Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Control Of My Player

Hey all

Ok lately i have had this problem where i dont have full control over my player

It just starts moving by it self (normally in one direction untill it hits something) - I have to sort of fight against to move the way i want to go, i still have controll over my mouse when this happens just not my players movement, also i cant lift jump normally only backwards or sideways not forwards. . . its not lag because it happens offline and its not my keyboard because it doesnt happen in other games

i havn't installed anything recently btw other than the new patch, any ideas?

oh and the player moving by itself doesnt happen ALL the time its on and off but on atleast once every game

please read again

it only happens in UT - which leads me to beleive my keyboard aint broke. . . .

Comment

Are you downloading while playing causing your character to have bad lag spikes?

Comment

hax? :bulb:

Somebody had to say it.

Comment

dont hold any movement keys when changing maps and/or alt tabbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pool
            Are you downloading while playing causing your character to have bad lag spikes?
            nope no downloads or antyhing. . .

dont hold any movement keys when changing maps and/or alt tabbing.
            i dont do that either

Comment

Joystick?

Indy

Comment

nope no joystick

Comment

i get something similar, my player will get stuck moving in a direction i.e. forward, back, left or right
                  i can still move around and what have you but it is almost as though i have that key continually pressed. It also does not happen in any other games.
                  firstly, what do you use for directional keys?
                  i usually just press Esc when this happens and then things go back to normal.

Comment

yeah thats what hapens to me, i use the arrow keys for movement

Comment

this used to happen to me when I used the media keys on my keyboard to control iTunes via the MultiPlugin, it would happen whenever iTunes changed tracks, I guess the plugin i was using like, jacked full keyboard control from all other apps when it detected a track change or when I pressed a media key to do just that. However, now I use alt shortcuts to change tracks, as I found some simple little exe's that change tracks, stop, play/pause, that I bound to alt combos with the nView contorl panel, and I got rid of the multiplugin (doesnt work with latest version of iTunes anyways) and now this never happens in any game anymore. It could be something with your drivers for your keyboard, or some other app interferring sometimes. It hasnt happened to me since though, if you use your keyboard media keys for anything, try disabling it.

Not much help probably, but it's what happened to me. Good luck.

Comment

-threadjack so i don't have to make one-

sometimes when i'm playing ut, my view will make a complete 360 spin and then it's back to normal

luckily it's a pretty fast 360, so it hasn't gotten me killed, but it's still annoying (only happens like once a month)

Comment

uhh yeah this happens to me it happens when my keyboard runs out of battery, or is close to it.
                          I think it looses signal for a second and the button you was pressing, it still thinks it is pressed.
                          All i do is press the button i am going in the direction of... ehh
                          so if it was going left, tap left.
                          Well that works for me

Comment

my keyboard has a wire

pressing ESC works, but its still annoying cause every time it happens i die - and the lift jump thing really bugs me too

there must be something i can do to sort it, its only happend since the new patch but i dont wanna have to re-install all UT if i can help it (me lazy) . . . looks like im gunna have to try it tho

Comment

i use the numpad, but had the same problems when using the arrow keys....i have had these issues since the game first came out...
                              i have searched and searched for a fix, but no luck and no change with patches
                              :cry:

Comment

Working...
                              X