What is UTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    the irc prog and UT (it has also an irc) have full internet right. Although mIRC tells me that Zonealarm Security Suite has blocked it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ]M[-SiLv3rJaX-
    It's just like youre are Spectatin' a person but some else controls it
    Depends:
    In 1on1 usually the UTV Server spectates one person and switches to the other.
    In Teamgames interesting spots on the map are spectated.
    And you can chat to the other UTV spectators, which are usually a lot more than the 2, 4 or 8 Spectators... ...makes it a lot more fun to watch than the usual speccy-mode.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    program control-->programs-->prog of your choice and hit options.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pluto
    Sounds good, but my Firewall (ZoneAlarm) blocks irc.

P.S.: I'm european
    Then tell ZoneAlarm to let it through?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sounds good, but my Firewall (ZoneAlarm) blocks irc.

P.S.: I'm european

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And if you're from the Americas, there's UTV + shoutcast for BESTONINTERNET (#bestoninternet on irc.gamesurge.com) for CTF events/matches. This is usually spontaneous and features the best ladder matches.

For TDM, there's UTV for OLB tournaments (4v4/2v2/1v1) sometimes with shoutcast from radioiTG and/or others.

Currently, with OLB#2 that's going on this week, some matches are UTV'ed every other night (if not every night) probably. For that, you have to check on mIRC -> #2k4tdm on irc.enterthegame.com. It's rarely posted here because well... it doens't need to be anymore as #2k4tdm is pretty huge already and posting here wouldn't do much good as UTV will fill up by them time it's read here.

To view the tournament sign-ups, rules, and teams, visit ut2004.gameamp.com forums. It also has demos of past matches from tournaments if you want to to watch.

In the future, with the GGL (www.ggl.com) announcement of the AmeriCups, most of the UTV will be centered on matches for those tournaments.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's just like youre are Spectatin' a person but some else controls it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool, didnt know this. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They tend to only go up for special events/matches, if you're a euro, Jolt League runs 3 UTVs every Sunday night covering ONS matches, #ut2004.jolt on Quakenet

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do you know any utv servers or a website with a list?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you don't need anything except an ip to watch UTV. You connect to it like you would connect to another server, and you watch the game. usually in 1 on 1's you have 'see all mode', that means you can spectate the player of your choice. Other games you must see what the cameraman is seeing. Just be aware here, a few games are broadcasted, and they announce the servers here or in IRC.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UTV? Tell me more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You just need your game and someone hosting UTV and the ip to the UTV server. Then you go to console (~) and type open <paste ip here>

Or just read this tutorial.

http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39

Leave a comment:

• started a topic What is UTV

What is UTV

I heard that UTV means Unreal Television but I didn't find a function in the game. Do I need some client and if yes, where do I find it?
Working...
X