Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Play at least 6 hours a day.
    Start your own game, pratice movement and fine tune settings like mouse.
    Research maps, weapons, all sort of things regarding the game.
    Spec both the top score player and the lowest score one for at least 2 hours a day. Find out the reasons behine it.
    Get the best machine, connection you can affort.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Aswell as some of the good ideas above ...

get battered on a pub, then spectate the best players, just watch, you can pick loads up that way.

Also, your hitscan aim can be improved by playing a bit of IG.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Upgrade your connection. I used to have 384k and now i have 1.5M. I can finally hit with the lightning gun :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Play tdm on servers with weaponstay off, it will FORCE you to get better at certain weapons such as the link gun when the more regularly used weapons are unavailable.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Meh, I'd be iffy on accepting 1 versus 1's for solid competition on all fronts. 1 versus 1 is really a game of its own that really revolves around power-ups as much as killing the other guy. As much skill and improvement extensive play can yield, enter a large public server with that same skill as base, for some CTF/AS/ONS or even DM/TDM and you'll likely be dominated. It's one thing to nail every combo in a zero- or one-opponent environment. Entering higher, you face various extra challenges including maintaining focus within hordes of opponents (and teammates alike especially if friendly fire is enabled), and actually shooting while you're being shot at. Getting nailed by even one or two shock rifle shots in quick succession can really mess up your aim AND movement, as you can't dodge at all or move very quickly while airborne. It doesn't matter if you're good at shooting if you're also good at being shot.

As a result, I'd suggest it first to be imperative that you work on movement first and foremost. Practice perfecting your dodges, dodge-jumps, wall-dodge-jumps, and even shieldgun jumps under pressure in real-time environments. Try to find a balance between controlled coordination and simple spazzing that works best to keep your aim tight and your chances of getting shot at to a miminum. Perfect timing of movement and pass-over timing for hitscan weaponry. Find a compromise between aggression and conservation.

It would do you a lot of good to try "practicing" in medium-sized matches. Avoid excessively large (18+ player) public servers and try to gather good players for 3-versus-3 (or a little more) TDM/CTF or even some 10-man and lower DM. From there, work your way higher and you'll likely see improvement.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by speed02345
    Play VCTF you'll get good in no time in every aspect of the game:up:
    Hahaha.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I quite like to take up some 1vs1 but I'm only an average player. Any suitable servers in UK/Europe?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -=[BeR]=-
    Listen to this man.:up:
    Or me, because i said it first :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I got better when i got my own and new computer... Ik was on a gf2, p4 1.7ghz, laggy *** hell...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1 word: lol.

Originally posted by Nightbear6
    I say 1v1s help the best. Since I've started 1v1ing I've seen myself improve a lot.
    Listen to this man.:up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nightbear6
    I say 1v1s help the best. Since I've started 1v1ing I've seen myself improve a lot.
    Yup, exactly, thats what i said.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not really.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Move on and practice with 1v1 matches, thats where most people gain their skill. If you want I'll play you and show you what i can, if i'm better than you that is, but I have a 1v1 server in my signature below, and you can contact me on my site if you wish, or here or via pm or something.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You haven't mentioned anything about u or ur playing style.

What are your favourtie weapons? What gametypes do u play?What keys do u use for what weapons? Are you comfortable with them? It's so difficult to help u from a tiny post with no real details.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X