OMG no!!111!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG no!!111!!!

How to differentiate between Bio/Flak Pickup sounds?? please help!!!

Rarely does anyone pickup the bio in 1v1?:bulb:

Comment

Pretty easy to tell imo... just go to instant action and pump your volume up really loud... then pick up goo and flak till you can tell the difference

:edit: and bio is very useful in 1v1

Comment

Originally posted by c9h13no3
        Of course :>

Comment

Why would you leave the chance of a one shot kill to the other player? It might not be the greatest chance in the world, but it's better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by amnes!ac...
            Pretty easy to tell imo... just go to instant action and pump your volume up really loud... then pick up goo and flak till you can tell the difference
            Good luck with that!

You can't tell them apart. They use the same sound.

Comment

I can tell them apart :bulb:

Comment

Alot of players instinctly load up the bio straight after taking it, so I usually just listen out for that.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedApe
                  Good luck with that!

You can't tell them apart. They use the same sound.
                  Well, i've been using sound cues to follow people on maps for a while now, with fairly good success, so maybe explain that? or play me in a 1v1 and try to grab flak or goo

Comment

Play Roughinery much? Where it often happens that a player spawns on top of the bio, and then go for the 50a...?

Comment

Wow, I can't believe you guys can even tell the difference between teh pickup sounds for any gun. I can't even hear them. :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Zell65
                        Wow, I can't believe you guys can even tell the difference between teh pickup sounds for any gun. I can't even hear them. :bulb:
                        hehe

here are some tips for good listening...

1. turn off all music (it's nice to hear but is too distracting for 1v1 especially)

2. headphones - being gamers you should have these anyways (with headphones i can hear items being taken across the map pretty handy)

3. practice listening for sounds (you can load up a map on instant action w/o bots to test some of these) - map sounds (like the right staircase on rankin near the 100a) - weapon sounds - item sounds (vials, health, ect) - and powerup sounds (amp, 100a )

Comment

Is there a difference between 50 and 100 shield sound? Maybe the 100 lasts longer or may just be imagination...:noob:

Comment

Originally posted by amnes!ac...
                            Well, i've been using sound cues to follow people on maps for a while now, with fairly good success, so maybe explain that? or play me in a 1v1 and try to grab flak or goo
                            Just look at the code. They both use the same sound sample. That doesn't say that you can't know which one was picked because of location etc. But the sound sample is the same.

Comment

I rarely pick up the goo. It's rarely worth telling your opponent where you are for such a mediocre weapon. I'd only grab it if:

A) the guy already knows where I am
                              B) he's stacked as hell, and a bioshot to the head is the only way I'll have a chance of killing him. But even then, I prefer to just wear them down if I've got the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X