Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG, finally those threads might stop...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    OMG, finally those threads might stop...

    BeyondUnreal has obtained confirmation from Epic's new publisher Midway Games that there will be NO UT title shipped in 2005.

    #2
    yay! 10 more months for me to try and get a decent model done before the next engine makes doing so impossible with my timeframe!

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by ::FW:eadIce
      yay! 10 more months for me to try and get a decent model done before the next engine makes doing so impossible with my timeframe!
      Hehe same here...

      But anyway, this kind of breaks the whole UT2k* naming concept and "sports" feel of the game.
      I wonder if that means that Epic realised the community wasn't too responsive to the sport theme UT2k3 tried to introduced.
      Or if they are just too busy to keep up to their original scheme.
      Or if they just feel that UT2k4 is pretty much complete as it is and there is nothing more they want/need to add.

      I sure see where the community would be crying for more. Good BR and AS maps are something the community seems not to be able to produce by itself.

      Comment


        #4
        They definitely dropped the WWE theme of UT2003 pretty fast when UT2004 came out.

        I remember a lot of people didn't like the sports naming convention very much either.

        Originally posted by -Loric-
        Hehe same here...

        But anyway, this kind of breaks the whole UT2k* naming concept and "sports" feel of the game.
        I wonder if that means that Epic realised the community wasn't too responsive to the sport theme UT2k3 tried to introduced.
        Or if they are just too busy to keep up to their original scheme.
        Or if they just feel that UT2k4 is pretty much complete as it is and there is nothing more they want/need to add.

        I sure see where the community would be crying for more. Good BR and AS maps are something the community seems not to be able to produce by itself.

        Comment


          #5
          so when's ut2005 comming out?

          Comment


            #6
            Epic games said there wouldn't be a UT2005 when UT2004 came out. I doubt people will listen to Midway either.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by -=UTMF=- Feuergeist
              so when's ut2005 comming out?
              winter 2006

              Comment


                #8
                BeyondUnreal has obtained confirmation from Epic's new publisher Midway Games that there will be NO UT title shipped in 2005.
                You know it's true.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Hopefully a "UT2k5" will come in the form of a second bonus pack

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by [6pk]Shambler
                    Hopefully a "UT2k5" will come in the form of a second bonus pack
                    Honestly, that would be ideal...

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by [6pk]Shambler
                      Hopefully a "UT2k5" will come in the form of a second bonus pack
                      Obviously, but why has'nt it came out yet?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I think that Midway should really consider launching a new ad campaign to make up for the **** one (or lack thereof completely) that Atari had going. It's a shame that a game that got no lower than a 90% in any magazine was so poorly advertised. Maybe they should do something that flaunts all the awards, and reintroduces why the game is so awesome, as well as talking about all the MODS MADE FOR THE GAME

                        Comment


                          #13
                          soooo


                          whos gonna make a new mod? ut2k5?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Fnix
                            Obviously, but why has'nt it came out yet?
                            Because there are still ten months of 2005 left?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by -=UTMF=- Feuergeist
                              so when's ut2005 comming out?
                              Two weeks.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X