Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG, finally those threads might stop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG, finally those threads might stop...

BeyondUnreal has obtained confirmation from Epic's new publisher Midway Games that there will be NO UT title shipped in 2005.

yay! 10 more months for me to try and get a decent model done before the next engine makes doing so impossible with my timeframe!

Comment

Originally posted by ::FW:eadIce
      yay! 10 more months for me to try and get a decent model done before the next engine makes doing so impossible with my timeframe!
      Hehe same here...

But anyway, this kind of breaks the whole UT2k* naming concept and "sports" feel of the game.
      I wonder if that means that Epic realised the community wasn't too responsive to the sport theme UT2k3 tried to introduced.
      Or if they are just too busy to keep up to their original scheme.
      Or if they just feel that UT2k4 is pretty much complete as it is and there is nothing more they want/need to add.

I sure see where the community would be crying for more. Good BR and AS maps are something the community seems not to be able to produce by itself.

Comment

They definitely dropped the WWE theme of UT2003 pretty fast when UT2004 came out.

I remember a lot of people didn't like the sports naming convention very much either.

Originally posted by -Loric-
        Hehe same here...

But anyway, this kind of breaks the whole UT2k* naming concept and "sports" feel of the game.
        I wonder if that means that Epic realised the community wasn't too responsive to the sport theme UT2k3 tried to introduced.
        Or if they are just too busy to keep up to their original scheme.
        Or if they just feel that UT2k4 is pretty much complete as it is and there is nothing more they want/need to add.

I sure see where the community would be crying for more. Good BR and AS maps are something the community seems not to be able to produce by itself.

Comment

so when's ut2005 comming out?

Comment

Epic games said there wouldn't be a UT2005 when UT2004 came out. I doubt people will listen to Midway either.

Comment

Originally posted by -=UTMF=- Feuergeist
              winter 2006

Comment

BeyondUnreal has obtained confirmation from Epic's new publisher Midway Games that there will be NO UT title shipped in 2005.
                You know it's true.

Comment

Hopefully a "UT2k5" will come in the form of a second bonus pack

Comment

Originally posted by [6pk]Shambler
                    Honestly, that would be ideal...

Comment

Originally posted by [6pk]Shambler
                      Obviously, but why has'nt it came out yet?

Comment

I think that Midway should really consider launching a new ad campaign to make up for the **** one (or lack thereof completely) that Atari had going. It's a shame that a game that got no lower than a 90% in any magazine was so poorly advertised. Maybe they should do something that flaunts all the awards, and reintroduces why the game is so awesome, as well as talking about all the MODS MADE FOR THE GAME

Comment

soooo

whos gonna make a new mod? ut2k5?

Comment

Originally posted by Fnix
                            Obviously, but why has'nt it came out yet?
                            Because there are still ten months of 2005 left?

Comment

Originally posted by -=UTMF=- Feuergeist
                              Two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X