• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....go with the Sennheiser HD-555's....

Comment

Headphones for life.

Comment

I think I'm gonna stick with headphones after reading all these, cheers guys. Just to clarify though, would I benefit from getting a decent soundcard if just using headphone? I'm still using my onboard sound...

Comment

Originally posted by Zatoichi.uK
          I think I'm gonna stick with headphones after reading all these, cheers guys. Just to clarify though, would I benefit from getting a decent soundcard if just using headphone? I'm still using my onboard sound...
          Yes, definately, onboard sounds gives way too much static, you can get a regular audigy 2 zs card for pretty cheap and that'd work, i'd also again, reccomend the HD-555's, you won't be dissapointed, i promise.

Comment

You sure love those 555's don't you! :haha: You work for sennheiser?
            About £80 in the UK.. so Ill think Ill get the card first and some decent h/phones later...
            Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Zatoichi.uK
              You sure love those 555's don't you! :haha: You work for sennheiser?
              About £80 in the UK.. so Ill think Ill get the card first and some decent h/phones later...
              Cheers
              I dont work for sennheiser, i'm just a very impressed customer :P

Comment

Yeh sennheiser seem the way forward. I did some temp work once entering musical instruments into a database for an insurance company (Yeh it was v dull but I needed the cash) And almost everyone used Sennheisers in their audio setup.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Caveman
                  Thats the first time I've heard that. What are some hardware sites you visit? I dont want to get bad advice.

:bulb:
                  If you're interested in my opinions on Tom's Hardware, you can read my posts in this thread.

That doesn't mean that everything that is written there is a lie, but if the owner of the site has no morals, then my advice would be to take everything written there with a grain of salt.

My favorite site for unbiased hardware info is The Tech Report. Scott Wasson is the site owner and writes most of the articles. He is very knowledgeable and appears to be honest. Beyond that, pickings get kind of slim. It seems the bigger the site, the more likely they are influenced by advertisers. Ars Technica is good, but they don't have many hardware reviews these days, although their System Guides are very good. Anandtech used to be very good, but they have gotten very big in the past few years and so I'm not sure about their objectivity. HardOCP used to be fairly good, but they never excelled at in-depth analysis and they also suffer from the "megasite" syndrome.

Comment

Working...
                  X