Bogus missile lock-on warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bogus missile lock-on warnings

I hate it when in ONS, I get a fake milssile lock-on warning. I keep panicing thinking "where's it coming from!?" So I can avoid it. But then I realize there is no avril locking onto me, so I really hate that. Is epic gonna fix that?

Or it could be a missile from a raptor. I seem to get a missile lock warning when they can just see me, not having fired a missile yet, but I'm not sure about that.

Comment

It was my impression that you don't get the missle lock warning until the missle has been fired.

I have noticed this as well. I'll get a missle lock warning and avoid the missle by putting something between me and the missle. The missle will blow up on a mountain or something, but I still have a missle lock warning. There have been times where I have flown into structures and there is no way someone can lock a missle on me and I still get the warning.

There is something buggy about that missle warning system.

Comment

Originally posted by MajikMyst
        It was my impression that you don't get the missle lock warning until the missle has been fired.

I have noticed this as well. I'll get a missle lock warning and avoid the missle by putting something between me and the missle. The missle will blow up on a mountain or something, but I still have a missle lock warning. There have been times where I have flown into structures and there is no way someone can lock a missle on me and I still get the warning.

+1

Comment

Nah - you get a warning as soon as an AVRiL gun is aimed at you, whether or not it's fired.

Sometimes you can avoid a missile and still have the lock displayed - which is a bug that exiting and re-entering the vehicle does not fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Piglet
            Nah - you get a warning as soon as an AVRiL gun is aimed at you, whether or not it's fired.

Sometimes you can avoid a missile and still have the lock displayed - which is a bug that exiting and re-entering the vehicle does not fix.
            Same here. I get it quite regularly in turrets, which makes shooting down inbound avrils quite tricky as I have to rely on picking them up visually and not with a warning.

Comment

Well, sometimes the missile lock warning just doesn't go away anymore untill another one locks onto you. Not sure why, but it is annoying.

Comment

I've also found that if you hijack a vehicle that had a missle lock warning on it with another player (and didnt destroy the vehicle) - it remains with you.

Comment

Originally posted by MajikMyst

I can guarantee there's something screwy. I got a missile lock-on warning IMMEDIATELY AFTER getting into a raptor last night, while I was the only person left in the server. There had been 1 person on the opposing team priorly, and he had left about 5 min earlier.

Comment

There are a couple of bugs with missile lock-ons.. sometimes in a manta, you will get a missile lock that NEVER goes away, regardless of whether there's a missile coming towards you, whether you hide, whatever. You can also not get missile locks sometimes.. in all vehicles. This annoys me a lot more.

Comment

I've had this happen, both online and in Instant Action, where a vehicle will suddenly decide that there's a missile locked onto it, and will say so whenever you're in it. I've even had it happen where I get out of the vehicle, and reenter it later, and it still has a missile lock on it. It's a legitimate issue.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyNuke
                        Well, sometimes the missile lock warning just doesn't go away anymore untill another one locks onto you. Not sure why, but it is annoying.
                        Yeah that's what I mean.

Comment

where were you guys about a week ago, when they work finishing up the patch!?

Comment

Working...
                          X