Why does UT2k4 crash just when I'm doing good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does UT2k4 crash just when I'm doing good

Is it supposed to crash with a GPF just when I'm going good in a match? (onslaught)

P4 2.0 ghz
    1GB ram 3200
    ATI 9800 all in wonder pro video card, latest ATI drivers
    SB Live Sound card

You might want to copy the text from your next GPF and post it. That will generally be able to help a little better. Otherwise it could be a bunch of little things and hard to narrow down.

Comment

Next time it crashes I will, its hard to predict when it will - could be 5 minutes into a game, could be 30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by dc-
        It's not a crash, it's a "feature"

Comment

Originally posted by dc-
          It's not a crash, it's a "feature"
          :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

Comment

It's most likely to be your machine's hardware being a little 'iffy'.

Do the Prime95 torture test overnight. This will fail if your machine has a hardware problem.

UT2004 puts a massive amount of stress on your machine - and it will show up otherwise unnoticable hardware issues.

Comment

The gpf message can help but right now what you can do is go to your system folder and open the ut2004.log file. There should be error messages towards the bottom that you can copy and paste here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Caravaggio
                The gpf message can help but right now what you can do is go to your system folder and open the ut2004.log file. There should be error messages towards the bottom that you can copy and paste here.
                The log file doesnt have the crash in it, prolly cause I just played UT2k4 and it didnt crash this time :bulb:

Comment

Please run prime95 torture test overnight - let us know whether it failed.

If you get an in-game gpf, paste it in here. You never know we might be able to help.

Comment

UT 2004 never crashes on my system

I agree with someone who said your system may be the problem. If you are getting GPF's it might be hardware.

Do you get GPF's running any other applications besides UT 2004?

Make sure you have all the correct drivers installed for your system.

Who makes your motherboard? Model? System specs?

Comment

Also it could be overheating/dust covering fan.

Comment

Re: UT 2004 never crashes on my system

Originally posted by FikusErectus
                        I agree with someone who said your system may be the problem. If you are getting GPF's it might be hardware.

Do you get GPF's running any other applications besides UT 2004?

Make sure you have all the correct drivers installed for your system.

Who makes your motherboard? Model? System specs?
                        I posted my system specs earlier but, I have an intel motherboard. With the latest drivers for it. I dont get any other GPF's other than UT2k4. I have all the correct drivers for everything.

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that the all in wonder cards were buggy with UT2004.

Comment

Re: Why does UT2k4 crash just when I'm doing good

Originally posted by Southern_Belle
                            Is it supposed to crash with a GPF just when I'm going good in a match? (onslaught)
                            Because even your computer doesnt like you, Antioch.

Comment

Re: Re: UT 2004 never crashes on my system

Originally posted by Southern_Belle I have all the correct drivers for everything.
                              How did you get on with the overnight Prime95 torture test?

Until you've done this there's nothing anyone can do to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X