Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Duffman
    And remove the upper route so it cant be completed in 30 seconds anymore.
    without the upper route it can still be completed in 37 seconds, thats my record, there should be more wagons on the train if it was going to be remade

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CaTdAeMoN
    I was doing it then i realised i have no imagination
    Porting UT Map + Imagination = Face3

Then again:

Porting UT Map + No Imagination = FaceClassic (and a zillion Big Room maps, and big subtracted box maps)

Dicky B (porting bad)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DimensionSeven
    Yes. I did not play UT99 too much, but I can't remember it having a defensive function. Only the weapon/jumping abilities. And up there on the roofs of the train-vagons, against a minigun-turret, a shieldgun would definitely be important.
    Skilled use of the Impact Hammer could deflect projectiles. The Impact Hammer was a very versatile tool. The Shieldgun keeps all of the abilities of the Impact Hammer, but makes the defensive function far more accessable and usable.

It was this multi-functional approach to the weapons of UT99 that really hooked me in. Well, that was one of the many things. 2k3/4 made the translocator similarly interesting, though it took most of the interest out of the Rocket Launcher in trade. But the AR, though everyone hates it, is more interesting than the enforcers, because the grenades are distinctly different than the "gangsta" secondary.

Now, if only there was something that could be done for the minigun secondary to make it actually interesting, rather than just slightly different...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It was indeed great, perhaps convoy would be better if it were set at night. Don't forgot to check out the just released
    AS-Project:

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=450326

Leave a comment:

• replied
    exactly. No need to convert it. It would just suck. Too linear and plain for 2k4, and the upper route would be difficult to port balanced, now with the shieldgun in game.

Maybe....but I just loved everything about that map. I heard they were porting it to 2k4 but when I saw convoy I was dissapointed, not that it wasn't a good map (it was) but I just loved hispeed so much.

Easily my most fav aspect of that map was the music, but also the general exhiliration, the nighttime setting, the neon colors on the train, the fast pace of the map and just the general feel.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Duffman
    Maybe he means the shield function?
    Yes. I did not play UT99 too much, but I can't remember it having a defensive function. Only the weapon/jumping abilities. And up there on the roofs of the train-vagons, against a minigun-turret, a shieldgun would definitely be important.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe he means the shield function?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    exactly. No need to convert it. It would just suck. Too linear and plain for 2k4, and the upper route would be difficult to port balanced, now with the shieldgun in game.
    Actually, the Impact Hammer had exactly the same behaviour :weird:

Edit : gotcha, daemon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've got a feeling Lord Simeon who's a regular at Unreal Playground did a remake of Hi-Speed some time ago for 2K4. Can't remember if he called it that or not, but I'm sure you could find it by going there and clicking on his "my maps" tab.

Of course it may not have been by LS in which case it'd have been by someone else :bulb: but there definitely is a remake as I had it before reformatting.

EDIT: Also take a look at this one coming soon, although its CTF

http://forums.unrealplayground.com/s...ad.php?t=30839

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Captain_anarchy
    Well AS-convoy is something like a AS-highspeed2k4-deluxe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Captain_anarchy
    But we are looking for AS-convoy type gameplay

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And remove the upper route so it cant be completed in 30 seconds anymore.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great assault map

It would be nice if someone can do it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CaTdAeMoN
    I was doing it then i realised i have no imagination
    That could be a problem

Leave a comment:

Working...
X