as_hispeed 2k4????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as_hispeed 2k4????

I was just wondering if anybody knew about this or if such a map even existed. I heard they were remaking it for ut2k4 but i guess it never got around to fruition. It was easily my most fav map for ut, and i'd like to see a decent port that captured the original feel for ut2k4.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thx

Was that the one with the train or something? I might be wrong... I dont remember a port of that existing..

Comment

I might do it :heart:

Comment

Originally posted by CaTdAeMoN
        I was doing it then i realised i have no imagination
        That could be a problem

Comment

Great assault map

It would be nice if someone can do it

Comment

And remove the upper route so it cant be completed in 30 seconds anymore.

Comment

Well AS-convoy is something like a AS-highspeed2k4-deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_anarchy
                But we are looking for AS-convoy type gameplay

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_anarchy
                  exactly. No need to convert it. It would just suck. Too linear and plain for 2k4, and the upper route would be difficult to port balanced, now with the shieldgun in game.

Comment

I've got a feeling Lord Simeon who's a regular at Unreal Playground did a remake of Hi-Speed some time ago for 2K4. Can't remember if he called it that or not, but I'm sure you could find it by going there and clicking on his "my maps" tab.

Of course it may not have been by LS in which case it'd have been by someone else :bulb: but there definitely is a remake as I had it before reformatting.

EDIT: Also take a look at this one coming soon, although its CTF

http://forums.unrealplayground.com/s...ad.php?t=30839

Comment

Originally posted by DimensionSeven
                      exactly. No need to convert it. It would just suck. Too linear and plain for 2k4, and the upper route would be difficult to port balanced, now with the shieldgun in game.
                      Actually, the Impact Hammer had exactly the same behaviour :weird:

Edit : gotcha, daemon

Comment

Maybe he means the shield function?

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman
                          Maybe he means the shield function?
                          Yes. I did not play UT99 too much, but I can't remember it having a defensive function. Only the weapon/jumping abilities. And up there on the roofs of the train-vagons, against a minigun-turret, a shieldgun would definitely be important.

Comment

Originally posted by DimensionSeven

Maybe....but I just loved everything about that map. I heard they were porting it to 2k4 but when I saw convoy I was dissapointed, not that it wasn't a good map (it was) but I just loved hispeed so much.

Easily my most fav aspect of that map was the music, but also the general exhiliration, the nighttime setting, the neon colors on the train, the fast pace of the map and just the general feel.

Comment

It was indeed great, perhaps convoy would be better if it were set at night. Don't forgot to check out the just released
                              AS-Project:

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=450326

Comment

Working...
                              X