Help UT2004 Grow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've gotten 5 people to buy the game

but they were all in Zambia and have no idea if they even had PCs now to think of it :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Dicky B
      ...take a hint from drug dealers...
      I focus on the young, and have personally filled a lot of demo servers with kids running around shooting at eachother, linking their own core etc. Then they beg their parents for a copy, gets it, and a few weeks later they pwn me. Also have got some work buddies interested after some LAN evenings.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSlayer
        Bah humbug...
        Naturally I love you too.

Suckup.

Comment

Re: Re: Help UT2004 Grow!

Originally posted by X0n3r0g
          If only you told him that if he wanted to play games a PC is the last thing he should buy as all the great programmers have gone to console systems and the PC market is dying senator. Creativity with regard to PC gaming was made available to my generation by the first wave of PC gaming programmers in the 70's and 80's who I guess are all now retired on beaches in the pacific. Someone go grab those fockers and get them to make some games worth a brain cell. There are no challenges anymore. And when there are its a challenge that leads to nothing special as a pay off. If anyone is going to Hawaii and happens to be walking on the beach looking for the programmers of old they look a little like this....
          There is some accuracy to the claim that console games are taking over, but PC games will continue to push the boundaries while console hardware only advances every 5 years or so. If you really think PC games are dead (this is the 2nd thread you've said it in), I just have to say that WoW are you wrong.

Comment

Slightly OT...Programmers aren't the only people required to make a game! The statement should have been (however fallacious) "All great GAME DEVELOPERS have moved to the console systems and PC gaming is a dying senator (sector?)"

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Help UT2004 Grow!

Originally posted by senshu
              There is some accuracy to the claim that console games are taking over, but PC games will continue to push the boundaries while console hardware only advances every 5 years or so. If you really think PC games are dead (this is the 2nd thread you've said it in), I just have to say that WoW are you wrong.
              eeewwwwwwww. Look at the shelf at Ebgames. Compare the size of the PC shelf to the console shelf. Compare the release dates and variety. Now who is wrong?

Comment

well console games are only taking over in NA and some parts of Asia... Europe is still pretty much stupidity-free in that respect.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Help UT2004 Grow!

Originally posted by X0n3r0g
                  eeewwwwwwww. Look at the shelf at Ebgames. Compare the size of the PC shelf to the console shelf. Compare the release dates and variety. Now who is wrong?
                  How many different console systems are there? Now compare that to how many different versions of the same game there are for the PC...

Comment

i got several people in my computer programming class to play UT2k4, and about half of them really liked it and bought the game. form what i've seen, the UT series has one of the most dedicated/stubborn fanbases of any game.

Comment

Working...
                    X